Chapter 3- Updated

A/N: hey just a heads up I've started a new book for me to work in between this one :) It involves just the Proxies but could possibly have others come in as side characters. Feel free to check it out :)

EJ POV

Jack stood in the corner of the living room as he was checking up on Joe and Sylvia.

"Oh it's so nice to see you Jackie boy!" Sylvia exclaimed as he put down her tea cup "you don't have to be shy! You can sit!"

"Oh..." he folded his arms as he changed weight in his hip "no thank you..." He responded quietly. If he was going to be called 'Jackie boy' it's better to be Sylvia's kind tone than Janes sadistic one. It was an odd but nice feeling.
"I'm just checking up to see how you're feeling with your injury"

"Oh that's so kind!" She chuckled "there's no need! Everything is perfectly fine and Joe is very good and changing my bandages!"

"You learn quick" Jack complimented Joe in an attempt at showing humour.

"Oh you only have to show me once!" He let out a full hearted laugh.

Jack returned a small smile before he returned to a calmer but softer expression.

The front door opened swiftly as Nathan rushed into the living room. Everyone looked at him surprised, Jack creased his brows slightly not expecting the sudden entrance.

"Jack!" Nathan exclaimed "there you are!" He walked up to him and grabbed his arm "I-" he cut himself off looking towards his grandparents. "I need help with a case" he tried to appear more calm "...if you have the time?"

Jack could see the subtle hint of urgency in his eyes gesturing to follow him outside.

"Okay" he responded bluntly and was immediately pulled away after Nathan rushed his goodbyes to his grandparents.

"Be safe!" Sylvia called out as they left.

"What?" Jack asked him bluntly as Nathan let him go.
The sun had already set and the town was wrapped in a blanket of darkness. But he pulled his hood up and lowered his head incase people were still about.

"It's Y/n's grave." He stated sternly yet in a panicked state. Jack snapped his head towards Nathan at his statement.

"What about it?" He asked concerned

"Call the others and have them meet us there." He ordered as he lead Jack over to his car.

Jack pulled out his phone and did as he was told and 10 minutes later they parked in the cemetery's car park.

"Quick!" Nathan urged as he turned the keys and pulled them out of the ignition. They both climbed out of the car and jogged over far to the end of the cemetery close to the woodland before it fenced off.

"Oh shit" Jack muttered as they came to a stop in front of Y/n's grave, or what was left of it.

Nathan caught up to him seconds later, he took a small huff to catch his breath.
"It gets worse" he warned as his anger started to visibly show more.

Jack got the hint and leaned over to look into the grave. For the first time in his life since he had changed, his heart had dropped. The lid to the coffin was open and worse...Y/n wasn't inside.

"I wanted you and the others to see it first, before I got the police involved and they  swarm the place. See if maybe you could figure out what the hell is going on since you guys are so special" Nathan remarked.

Jack ignored the tone in his voice with his last sentence knowing he's just panicking and grieving for his sister.

"I wouldn't know for sure, we'd need to wait for the others...Brian is usually the best with figuring out this kind of stuff."

———

"It's simple. There were obviously grave robbers" hoodie stated as he stood up from his crouching position walking around the grave.  "There's been reports of it in the news recently"

"When I catch the sick and twisted fuck who did this I'm going-" Liu got cut off as Jeff gripped his shoulder in an attempt of comfort.

Masky stood with his arms crossed but immediately began to head towards the woods.

"Where are you going?" Ben asked noticing him leaving.

"We don't know how recent this was. The sick bastard may still be close by and I won't rest until I find him and Y/n." he gritted as he effortlessly hopped the small fence.

"We should keep an eye on him..." Toby informed as he watched him leave "he isn't taking this well"

"None of us are" Ben frowned.

"Yeah but if I know Masky" hoodie stated as he leaned over the grave, looking down at the exposed coffin "And I do. He's going to wear himself down and possibly kill himself to find this guy, once he's set on something he won't stop, especially when that something is someone he genuinely cares for... which is the first time as far as I know"

The others couldn't help but exchange glances

"Anything?" Nathan asked leaning over next to hoodie. He instinctively placed his hand on Nathan's chest to make sure he kept his balance.

"Maybe." He mumbled, he moved backwards and gently pulled Nathan with him.

He pulled down his hood and took off his mask. He crouched down beside the grave and dropped himself into the hole. He dusted the dirt beside the coffin and picked up a lighter with a quarter of its fuel missing.

He looked towards the coffin and his eyes widened seeing the inside of the lid.

"What is it?" Toby asked as he laid down on his front, lowering his hand to hoodie. Hoodie took it and hauled himself up and sat on the edge of the hole.

He pushed himself up and gave it to Nathan, he placed it in a small ziplock bag he had on his person.

"Take that to the station and do your thing, maybe you can find something" hoodie mentioned.

"Thank you for this" Nathan expressed his gratitude "I'll have the cops come over to look this place over some more. What'll you guys do?"

"Until you get back to us? There's nothing we can really do, even if this was recent I doubt the pervert would be sticking around due to the mess he's made, but it won't do us harm to do a few sweeps every now and then, after all some people do like to return to the scene of the crime"

"Really?" Nathan questioned

"Mhm" hoodie mumbled "trust me I know" he and the others went their separate ways. He went to go find his friend to help bring him back to reality, he was going to have to be level headed if they wanted to find her and return her to her resting place.

...

He and Nathan have grown close since they told them about her passing. He's sees Y/n in him, they definitely have the same stubborn attitude.
He had to find Y/n... but he had to be level headed...he always has been, he can't crack now...
He had always felt it was his fault that she went through so much pain in her life, maybe if he had just kept to himself and let her leave, she probably could have had a peaceful life...and he wouldn't have to be weak when it comes to the desperate urge of having to find her, he has never felt this way before and it concerned him how he was struggling to keep it bottled.