Chapter 6. Worst gameday part 2

2 may 2021

"Please take a seat." Jonas says walking in front of us in what we call his office.

I look at Leah confused, trying to figure out in my head why we are in here and why he wants to talk to us so late after the game. It's weird, it never happens. Like if there is something he wants to discuss with you it will be right after the game. Not when we are almost at our own houses.

We both take a seat next to each other. There is a silence in the room, like I've never felt before. The silence is deafening. The look in Jonas his eyes doesn't tell me something good. His eyes are teary red from crying and he never cries. At least not with people around, so to see him in this state is weird... almost shocking. The more eager I'm to know what he has to say, it must be something big.

He starts talking without really looking at us. He more looks past us. "There is uhm, no way to say this the right way. We just received the news, Alix." He looks at me for the first time. Those bloodshot red eyes tell me it isn't something good he is going to tell me. 

"That uhm... your parents d-died in a car accident on their way home." Jonas chokes out slightly tearing up again.

Tears instantly stream down my face like a waterfall. I have never cried this hard before in my entire life. My parents who I literally just saw, died? It doesn't make sense at all. It doesn't add up at all. 

I turn my head to Leah, seeing she is in tears too. There are no words spoken since Jonas made my world crumble into tiny pieces. They were the only family I had left. There are no grandparents, no aunts or uncles, no nieces or nephews. There is only me. The only Taylor left.

"I just-what? How?" Is everything I get out of my mouth. I lost the ability to form sentences. I feel Leah's hand hold mine. I squeeze her hand and stand up. "Please say you're kidding Jonas."

"I'm so sorry Alix, they were the loveliest people around." Jonas says also crying.

"I need some air." I say starting to hyperventilate. I get up from my chair and make my way outside.

I'm met with a wall of fresh air. I start pacing. Trying to give this news a place. Beside feeling really sad there is also the misunderstanding, why were my parents taken away from me like this? They were the loveliest people on this planet, always ready to be there for you.

The incomprehension now dominates and it comes with a lot of anger. In a kind of trans I walk in a straight line to a nearby tree. Before I know it, my fists start pounding into the bark of the tree.

I don't feel the pain, adrenaline rushes through my body. I have no idea what I'm doing, but the tree is my worst enemy right now. In the process I keep hyperventilating. I have no clue what is happening with my body. The air is to thick, it's not getting to my lungs. Everything happens at once. Like some sort of fluid.

While being in this trans I feel a set of arms wrap around me. I am put on the floor. I struggle but this person is stronger. "Let go of me, I want to feel the pain." I cry out.

We sit together on the floor, her body pressed against mine. She sits behind me with her legs beside me. "Easy, listen to my heartbeat. Steady your breathing, in and out." After some wriggling, I let myself fall into her embrace. It makes me calm down. Leah says nothing else. The way she shudders lets me know she is also still crying.

"They were beautiful human beings Liv, they will be missed but they will life through to you." Is all she says. It's all I need to hear at the moment.

We stay outside in the same position for a little longer, until Leah notices me shivering. She takes me back inside to the room we share when we sleep at the facility.