How Do You?

Song for the chapter: How Do You? — Radiohead

P.s. y/n will be genderfluid so they'll go by they/them, but if you wanna adjust the pronouns to your liking, go for it.

About 10 minutes later, we finally made it to school. I let out an exasperated sigh and got up, Scott following behind me. Once at the gate, I turned to Scott, "Well, I'll see you around, man." And walked into the school's big doors.

I made my way to the office, I had to make a couple of random turns until I found it. I got my schedule and locker key and made my way to my new locker to put away my things and grab whatever was necessary for my next class.

Surprisingly, I spent much longer than I thought I would, 30 minutes or so, making me miss breakfast. "Ugh.." I audibly groan in hunger. "Just get through it, y/n.." I think to myself. I head for my class, social studies. It's not too bad, right? Yeah, maybe, but the beginning of class sure sucks. I gotta introduce myself to everyone! This is why I hate moving out..

I enter the class with a soft knock on the door and see all heads turn to me. "Ugggghh, great..." I think to myself. "Oh yes, students! Today, we have a new student! I want you all to treat them nicely, ok?

She speaks loudly in the big classroom and gestures me to come to the front of the class to introduce myself, "Um, hi. My name is y/n l/n. I, um, like the band Radiohead, playing guitar and drawing." I say awkwardly, feeling anxious at all the eyes on me. "Very nice dear, please go sit next to.... Kenith. Kenith, please raise your hand so y/n can see you." the teacher replied once after me.

(Quick a/n
Scott's friends aren't named in the series, but when I read a story here, someone said/made up one of their names, so I'm gonna use theirs, I'll leave credits to them! Kenith will be the boy with the red sweater)

The boy raises his hand up, and I awkwardly work my way to sit next to him. When I sit down, the teacher quickly commences the lesson, and everyone opens their books. The teacher was talking about the French and Indian War, something I already knew of, so I got bored quickly.

So, in a corner of the book, I decided to doodle just a bit. By the end of my unconscious doodle,I noticed I doodled Scott. My face frowns in confusion. "Huh, Scott Tenorman? Why him?" I think to myself. I'm snapped out of my thoughts when a crumpled paper lands on my head. I turned to the direction it came from, seeing it was that Kenith boy.

I stare back at my desk so I don't get called out and slowly undo the crumpled paper. The paper read, 'Hey, I'm Kenith if you didn't know already. You look cute, wanna exchange numbers? ;)' My face shapes in a bit in disgust. I've barely been here for not even a day! Ugh.. "I'll just say I'm into girls or something like that," I think to myself. I write back on the paper, 'Sorry dude, I'm into girls'

I thought to myself, "That should keep him away." I straightened my posture and listened to what the teacher had to say, just so I could get this Kenith guy off me. From my peripheral vision, I could see his excited face soon turned into a woebegone one. I slightly smirked to myself, continuing to listen to the teacher's lesson.

———————————————

It was almost time to go to lunch, I found out that I had the next 3 classes after social studies with Scott! So that made me quite happy. I was now in 4th period art class with Scott. The teacher thankfully put me and him together in a table, making me glad that I didn't have to socialize with someone else and maybe become their enemy or something.

Right now, Scott, me, and overall, the rest of the class had to paint a canvas of something that made us feel happy or something like that. The teacher was a sort of hippie person, so I guess it's understandable that this is my first assignment here.

Luckily enough, the teacher let us talk as far as we kept working. Scott and I kept talking about how my life was like when I was living my original home and what he was like here in South Park.  Around the end of the class, I finished painting, and the teacher started calling students up to show their work to the class.

Surprisingly enough, the teacher called on me to show my work first, great. I let out a quaky sigh, and Scott seemed to notice and rubbed my back soothingly. "You've got this." He whispers. I smiled at him and got up, walking to the front of the class, placing my canvas on the canvas holder the teacher had placed. I stand in front of it for a while, afraid of what others will think, but soon move beside it.

 I stand in front of it for a while, afraid of what others will think, but soon move beside it

I hear a bunch of gasps and woahs, making me more anxious than I already was. I turn to look at Scott for feedback, but his jaw is wide open, too, making me look down in embarrassment; I probably did horrible. The teacher finally speaks, "...My God! Y/n! This is a gorgeous piece of work!" My head shoots upwards, eyes wide open, surprised I actually heard that. "Please, please! Explain this painting to us!" The teacher said, almost sounding like he was an excitement rocket about to take off.

I clear my throat softly, "Well, um, uh, it's a painting of a guitar. But there's a two-way to look at it. As you can see, it's like a sort of alignment of trees that lead into the city. You can, uh also see that however there's a sort ocean under it, causing the city and trees to reflect themselves on it, creating the guitar" I say taking a small break before talking again,

"The meaning of this painting is that, music grows from nature and that music can lead you to great big places where you can reach your goals and do what you love; in my case, music. I love playing the guitar, and it makes me happy, I wanna be able to one day make my own band and reach cities like New York and play music for the people who will appreciate and be just as passionate as me." I say softly, accidentally ranting.

I turn again to look at everyone. They seem like their in a trance, for none of them had moved from the positions they were on when I first showed my painting, including the teacher. "This is beautiful y/n, I've never met anyone that's so passionate about what they want. It truly touches me, " the teacher says, wiping fake tears and holding my shoulder. Everyone is starting to clap for my work. Bringing a smile to my face.
"Alright, kids, who's next?" The teacher says as I walk back to my table with Scott.

———————————————

It's finally lunchtime, and I can finally eat after no breakfast. We were eating pizza, and I ordered myself two slices. Scott rushes up to me. "Dude, your painting was amazing!" He says, also with a bunch of excitement. I laugh slightly, "Thank you, Scott, yours was pretty great too!". "Thanks! Hey anyway, let's go sit with my friends. " He points to a table where two boys look over at us.

My smile fades quick as I see who's sitting there..

A/n
Hey, yall! I managed to get the time to post another chapter today, I hope you guys like it! 5 are credits for the person who gave me the guy in the red hoodie's name, C0coDrOp.
Thanks for reading and have a wonderful day/night!