summertime.

Summer vacation.

So you know what that means right? it's nice and warm, the night are longer, i have time for my boyfriend.

Well, no. my mother wanted me to find a summer job. so that i wouldn't waste her money. 'Thanks for that mom.'

But i got a job, at a video store. People come in and buy a movie or return it. What i do? stand behind the cash register and draw some doodles on a piece of paper. Danny comes by from time to time.

Unfortunately not today. He called and said he had to go to his grandma's because it was her birthday.

so I stood here, in the evening, in an empty shop. waiting for customers.

"Who comes to rent a movie in the evening?" while I was complaining. The phone of the video store rang. scaring the shit out of me. I picked up the phone and put it to my ear. 'Apollo video store, you speak with (Y/N). How can I help you?'

"Ah (Y/N), you're speaking to John (the boss.) I wanted to ask if you could work overtime until 12 pm?" I leaned my back against the wall behind the cash register.

"Um, I don't know John. It's pretty late and nobody's going to rent a movie around that time.' if you want to keep the store open so badly, do it yourself!

"I know it's late, but I'll pay you well." sigh. "Oh and just maybe people will drop by and want to rent a movie."

'Sure, I'll keep the shop open but don't expect much from it.' With that being said, I hang up.

"Fucking asshole."

The Phone rings again. And i pick up

'John, i already said i will keep the store open!' came out louder than I suspected.

'Hello, (Y/N).' Why does the voice sounds so weird?

'Who is this? How do you even know my name?'

'Easy sweetheart, one question at the time.'

'What do you want, asshole.' My grip on the Phone get tighter.

'ah i love it when you call me names.' I hear them sigh. 'You know, i wanted to go easy on you tonight. But i don't know anymore. Should i go easy on you?'

Now is the time that i sigh. I am so done with this stupid conversation.

So i hang up on them. i make my way to the back to grab some water and look around i guess.

it hasn't even been a minuten and the Phone is already ringing. Am i going to pick it up? No. Let's just take out the trash.
the phone was still ringing.  For fucks sakes just stop calling.

*2 minutes later*

The phone is still ringing. i get up the walk to the phone and sat on a stool that was standing there.

'Yes?'

'You finally picked up. What took you so long? i was getting worried.'

'Danny?' After i said his name, my whole body was relaxed. 'Danny i'm so sorry, there has been a creep calling me.'

'A creep? do you want me to come over?'

'Please, i'm a bit scared.'

'Alright, i'll be there in 20 minutes.'

we said our goodbyes and hung up.

But right after that the phone rang again. So i picked it up maybe it was Danny again, maybe he wanted to say something. but when I heard that voice my whole body stiffens.

'You finally picked up. Why did you hang up on me like that? You really broke my heart (y/n).'

'Just leave me the fuck alone you fucking weirdo.' I was about to hang up on them again, but then he said something that made me stop in my tracks.

'Hang up on me again, and i will gut you like a fish.' my body froze with fear .
'Would you look at that, frozen in fear.' I looked around. Could they see me?

'Yes sweetheart, i can see you.' When i heard them say that, i ducked behind the counter.

'Now that i got your full attention, let's play a game.'

'a-a game?' W-what is even happing?

'Hide and seek, You hide and i seek. Ready?'

'N- no.' Please don't do this to me. I heard all the story about this killer who calls first and right after goes for the kill.

'Good.'

*BEEP.BEEP.BEEP*

No, no, no, no. What should I do? There's nowhere to hide in this stupid store. I've already locked the front door of the store. But did I lock the back door? With a full sprint I ran to the back door, but it was already too late. The killer was standing there, they were just standing there. with their head a bit tilted to the left. I counted all my options to get out of this. And they all ended up the same, getting killed.

The killer took a step forward and I ran to the only option where I could hide. The adult section, a separate room, it's dark so I can hide. Maybe.

'Where to hide, where to hide?!' i look at my left. A dark corner with a large cut out board of a naked women. i decide to hide behind that.

Not much time after i hear the killer walking in. I hear them slide the tip of their knife against the racks.

the footsteps are getting closer. The killer is coming from my left and the opening to the store is on the right. So if i push the cut out board to them, maybe i can make my leave. The cut out won't do much bit it can buy me some time.

I'm crouching in the corner, my hands already on the cut out. Ready to push the cut out against the killer and hope I have enough power to knock them over.

They are getting closer. Just a little bit, just a little. NOW!

I push with full strenght the naked cut out board of a women against the killer. Not even looking at them i ran as fast as i could into the store, And I ran to the back door. Before I could get there I saw my boss John all covered in blood in the middle of the store. his t-shirt torn, cuts on his face and arms.

'John, we have to go the killer.' John grabs my arms and turns me towards the back door.

"(y/n) RUN!, I'm keeping the killer busy." John pushed me away. The police are already on their way. Don't worry about me, I'll be fine.' After he said that. His eyes went wide open and he screamed in pain. The ghostface killer was standing behind stabbing him several times.

I backed away. John's screams became quiet, but i still heard the stabbing noises. As i backed away further, i tripped over something and fell flat on my back. Knocking the air out of my lungs. The loud footsteps of the killer's heavy boots came closer. I saw them, that horrible white ghost mask looking at me. I tried to get up, but the killer kicked me in my stomach. his right foot was on my chest, standing on my chest with his full weight. He leaned forward and looked into my eyes with those black eyes of that mask. His knife in his left hand, he made a small cut on my cheek.

The ghostface killer's head popped up at the sound of the sirens. He looked at me for a moment, then left. leave me on the ground. the sound of the sirens got louder and louder. and everything turned into a blur.