Chapter 49: No Escape

Start from the beginning

"I am not like you guys! I don't kill werewolves!" I shouted, curling my fists at my sides. "And how dare you give me that drink without my permission! I will never forgive you for ruining everything!"

Donovan raised an eyebrow, glancing down at my now tightly closed fists before his gaze met mine. He grinned a bit, pointing out, "Remember your temper, Thea. YOu still need practice to control it."

"Fuck your practice! This isn't a game! This life isn't who I am! I was a happy teenager back in Blood Moon Falls! And now---now I have no fucking idea what's happening to me or—or what the hell I just did to Maddox!"

I looked over at the family again; Mrs. Hollow sobbing out for her son to keep breathing while Mr. Hollow finally turned his gaze over to us. Mr. Hollow shouted over at Donovan that I needed to be punished for what I'd done to Maddox.

"All in due time, Daven," the older man responded, eyeing me in wonderment like a display at a museum.

"Dammit, Master Ray! She attacked my son! And I want justice now! Or I'll take care of it myself!"

He rose to his feet after a sobbed out plea from his wife still holding her son. But Mr. Hollow slapped at her hand to release him and turned his attention to me, and after his threat, I wasn't surprised when the group of werewolves all growled, getting into their fighting stances with their teeth elongated and claws out.

Mr. Hollow narrowed his eyes at them, sneering that they couldn't do anything to save me. Mr. Hollow sneered, briefly stating how it was prohibited for a Werewolf Hunter to attack another without being in the training ring, but that he'd take whatever punishment came to that Societal rule after I was dealt with.

Snarling, Auric lowered his chin with his golden eyes shimmering. Through elongated and bared teeth, he warned Mr. Hollow in a low tone, "Touch her... And I'll finish your son off for her."

Mr. Hollow sneered while I looked at the Ray family. It wasn't hard to notice their curious attention to the protective stance Auric had of me. I swallowed, knowing they'd flip their shit if they found out about my relationship with a Werewolf. The last thing I wanted was for Auric to get hurt.

Donovan was the one who brought this to light, raising an eyebrow and announcing to the room how protective "that" particular young werewolf was of me. And how odd the man found this. I didn't say anything, just frowning back at him while still very much irritated about that drink messing with my bloodstream.

"Not that it's any of your business," the Alpha growled, drawing the Rays' attention. "But Thea has saved my son once and that automatically places him as her official protector to return the favor."

"Is that so?" Donovan's raised eyebrow rose more as he grinned. He cast a side glance my way, his dark eyes gleaming. "We'll have to fix that, Thea Sweetheart. Can't be having you out on the field and feeling sorry for the enemy."

"STOP IT!" I shouted, stepping back with my fists curled. "Stop talking like I'm part of your Society! I never will, do you hear me?!"

"Not yet..." Donovan sneered, his features hardened as he relayed to me that I was going to have to accept who I really am, who I could be, and that I'd be needing his help with that. He kept ignoring Mr. Hollow's aggravated pleas for the olderman to sentence my punishment, and instead held out his hand towards me.

My gaze dropped to the extended hand, swallowing hard as he kept trying to convince me that this was the best solution for me. That I'd be safer with them than a pack of werewolves who would turn on me eventually, if they haven't already.