Mal looked around and Drac could see the others wait for her instruction. He'd forgotten how much of an influence Mal had over the group. Her decisions were always well thought out and logical, no one ever questioned her. But Drac had been living on his own for a long time now and he was used to making his own decisions, not taking orders from someone else, even if it was his sister. But he held his tongue, he could save that issue for another time.

"There's those same tracks on one path and not the other. The lake is poisonous right? Whatever lives down here would know that, so instead of following it's tracks maybe we should choose the opposite direction."

"Sounds good to me." Jay said and Drac nodded along. He led the way since he had the light and the tunnel they chose became narrow again.

"I think we're close to water now." Carlos said, "The air is damp."

"And that smell." Evie said waving her hand in front of her face, "Talk about toxic!"

Maybe their time in Auradon had desensitized them because to Drac the toxic smell didn't reek any worse then the sludge and slime coffee the goblins served at the Slop Shop, and don't get him started on the goblins themselves. He rolled his eyes in the darkness and pushed on with the others. As they walked he started to think about the talisman he and Mal would have to retrieve. They had mentioned something about a new Dragon's Egg and something inside of Drac felt awakened by the very thought. Growing up he'd always wished he'd be the one to inherit his mother's scepter, the symbol of their power and legacy. But he'd also come to grips with the fact that Mal would more then likely be the one to get it. Maybe that was why he'd been less hostile towards their father then Mal was too. If Mal was going to carry on Maleficent's legacy, then why shouldn't Drac be the one to carry on their father's? Of course now Mal definitely wasn't going to be carrying on any legacy, she was making her own in Auradon. A villain turned good. And his mind had already started imagining his reflection of him holding the scepter and having its power all to himself.

"What are you smiling about?" Mal asked him and he was pulled from his thoughts. He hadn't realized he'd been smiling.

"Nothing." He answered and thankfully his sister didn't push the issue – because they had arrived.

The Poisoned Lake was a large deep purple body of water that bubbled with toxic gas. In the middle of the water was a small rocky island where one lone apple tree stood. Its fruit was ripe and red and luscious. It was also growing one of the most dangerous objects in the world. From the distance they were at the tree bark looked like it was making a terrible face contorted with pain that reminded Drac of the leggings Evie used to wear.

The cavern around it all was easily the size of a tourney field with stalactites arched on the ceiling above them.

"Okay, we need to figure out a way over there." Evie said as she approached where the water met the land. As she stood at the water's edge a smooth rock just large and flat enough to step on appeared. They saw her hold her breath as she jumped on it. Then another rock appeared in front of her.

"Come on." She turned to them, "It's like it knows I'm here."

Hesitantly they followed her as more stepping stones rose from the water.

"Make sure your feet don't touch the water." She warned, "We'd melt like sugar cubes in a hot cup of tea if you tried to swim in here."

"Nice image." Jay muttered.

Once they got there they realized how big the tree really was. It looked so small from afar but up close it was as tall as a building and its trunk was as large as a house. Evie neared the tree but looked worried. They all could tell why, Evie wasn't too much of a climber but when they stepped forward to try and help her some magic repelled them and wouldn't let them get close to the tree.