Prologue | Whispers

As they huddled around the TV, one of them remarked, "You all look oddly familiar..."

A burst of laughter followed, along with a teasing jab. "Those people are from Demon Slayer, you moron!" The words carried a playful insult, as if daring her friend to catch up.

Unfazed, her voice chimed in casually. "Haven't seen it yet, but caught a glimpse or two," her response was easygoing, with a touch of curiosity in her tone.

"I'll help you, but only if you follow my rules," she declared, her voice firm and unwavering.

"Really? Thank you so much for your hospitality! We appreciate it," came the grateful response, tinged with relief.

"You're an angel! Wait, no... a goddess sent from heaven! Marry me, please!" Another voice joined in, filled with exaggerated admiration.

But not everyone was impressed. "Who the hell is this flimsy woman?!" a gruff voice muttered, aggression dripping from every word.

"Hm mhm!" Another person simply hummed in agreement.

Then, the mood shifted as someone reacted with indignation. "You, help us? And follow your orders?! You aren't Oyakata-sama to order me around, you bitch!" The words were sharp, laced with defiance.

Amidst the varied reactions, one person remained silent, their thoughts a mystery to the others.

"How's the situation going?" she inquired, her voice edged with a tone of seriousness, her focus squarely on the task at hand.

'Someone's following you, be careful,' came the response in her mind, a telepathic whisper from her ever-watchful partner.

A shiver ran down her spine as she absorbed the warning, her senses instantly sharpening as she scanned her surroundings for any sign of danger.

"I, Otsuki Y/n, swear loyalty to you, Oyakata-sama," she declared, her voice steady and unwavering, a solemn promise binding her to her leader.

"I shall decapitate you, you vermin," came the chilling declaration, dripping with malice and venom, a threat delivered with deadly intent.

"Are you alright, Tanjiro? We can't have you dying on us when the journey has just started," came the concerned inquiry, a voice filled with genuine worry for their companion's well-being as they embarked on their perilous quest.

"Kibutsuji Muzan, a menace to society. I will cut your head off with my own two hands, damn bitch!" The words rang out with fierce determination, a vow fueled by righteous anger and a burning desire for justice.

"Otsuki Y/n, I've longed for this day to happen. I feel delighted knowing all of my suffering paid off. I'm so glad I waited patiently for so long. Please take care of them for me..." The words were spoken with a mixture of relief and exhaustion, a heartfelt plea laden with trust and gratitude.

———————————
Hello! I present to you, a new book! I did a collaboration with Writing4FUN22!! Please look forward for future updates.

Unfortunately, we can only update 2 or more chapters a month due to the fact we are also working with our own books, and school works.

Update: If you ever received a notification about this story with the same chapter contents but different format for the title yet same title name, I only changed the title name. Nothing more, nothing less.

New Update: I'm currently editing this story, but please be patient as we are writing the next chapter as we speak.