I make the ilu move forward and it dives into the water, this time deeper. As it swims, Neteyam and I admire the ocean life. Beautiful, glistening corals are deep beneath, multicoloured fish scurrying. The bubbles form in shapes so unique I can't stop staring. The sea is kindling in its own symphony, the murmuring of the waves hypnotizing. I can tell the quivering sea is hoarding it's mighty power.
Oh Eywa, this is wonderful. 

Neteyam squeezes my waist and points towards a huge animal in the water and I move this ilu to the surface to catch my breath.

Once we arrive and I take in a deep breath I say "that animal is a tulkun right?"

"Yes. That is my tulkun, Akala. Come on, I want you to meet him."

I make this ilu dive into the ocean once again and it swims faster towards Akala. Once we are close enough it jumps out of the water and into the air, tilting 360 degrees when we are directly above the tulkun's back, making us fall onto it.

Neteyam crashes onto Akala and I fall directly on top of him, our faces mere inches from each other. I'm rested on his body and we stare at one another in this awkward position.

"I love being so close to you."

I quickly push myself off him and take in a deep breath.

"Come, love." He takes my hand and leads me in the water where we swim to Akala's eye so he can see us.

Akala squeals in joy when seeing Neteyam and they communicate with one another in sign language. I admire Neteyam as he smiles happily at his tulkun and then back to me. Eventually, Akala and Neteyam swim towards me, poking their heads out of the water.

"(Y/n) meet Akala. Akala, this is (Y/n)." Akala sings a melodious tune and I look at Neteyam, confused.

"He says it's nice to meet you."

"It's nice to meet him too" I reply.

Akala claps his fins in joy and I laugh at his excitement. He's so cute!

Neteyam then pats him and turns towards me, a grin plastered on his face.

"I will teach you sign language come on." Neteyam sits on Akala's back and I do the same. The tulkun begins to swim slowly as Neteyam teaches me finger talk.

"This means hello, nice to meet you." He moves his fingers in peculiar patterns and I stare, focusing on his every move.

"You're so serious, love. Here." Neteyam shifts closer and our knees touch slightly. He takes my hands and positions them correctly.

"Like this. See it's not hard."

"You know Neteyam, you have taught me more today then anyone has since i've got here."

"What can I say, I'm your mighty warrior."

"My mighty warrior?"

"Yes. It means i'll protect you forever. You are very dear to me."

"You are dear to me as well." I look into his eyes with much emotion and his tail lightly rubs against my leg.

"Come on skwang, let's head back" I say and Neteyam pouts, his accent more prominent as he says "already?" This is his problem. He has to be handsome. How could I resist him?

"Yes the others will be waiting. Let's go."

Neteyam calls the ilu and gets on first and I sit directly behind him and hold on. The ilu dives in the water and Neteyam taps my thigh, pointing towards Akala who spins in circles. I wave at the tulkun and we continue swimming back to the others.

...

"Where have you guys been?" Lo'ak says while on his ilu with Tehiti.

"We went to see Akala. It's getting late bro let's head back to the clan."

We all begin to swim on our ilu's, waving to one another in the water as we swim to shore, the evening sky illuminating our path.

One thing I now know is that I won't let Dinraal destroy this clan. I don't care what I have to do to stop him. This is by far the best moments of my life, being here. I'm so glad Eywa listened to my request and brought me here.

...

Tuk jumps around the sand as we all get off the ilu and walk on the beach.

"Today was so fun!" Tuk skips around us all in circles and Kiri says "yes. The ocean was very calming today and Tehiti did a good job swimming."

Lo'ak taps Tehiti on the back and says "yeah bro you were awesome. I'm such a good teacher."

"And I'm such a good learner" Tehiti says while playfully punching Lo'ak on the shoulder.

Lo'ak then turns towards Neteyam and I who walk beside one another.

"What about you two lovebirds? Did Neteyam teach you something (Y/n)?"

Neteyam eyes Lo'ak sternly and I say "he taught me how to ride an ilu and I learned some finger talk."

Lo'ak then lifts his eyebrow and says "anything else?"

"No. Tehiti and I will be going now. Thank you for the lessons, see you tomorrow."

I begin to walk towards my pod and Tehiti follows behind me.

"I won't let Dinraal hurt these people Tehiti. Rest assured."

...