5

Your pov

The taste of blood was evident in my mouth as i started regainkng my consciousness. My whole body ached, and i felt like my legs would never walk again. Opening my eyes, i saw throfinn being used as a dog toy at Thorkell's hand. "You have got to be kidding me!" I thought as i tried getting up. Using the pillar i was laying against as support, i stood up. I picked up my daggers from the floor, trying to get a good grip on them.

As soundless as possible, i made my way to the giant and in behind him. At this point, i had been noticed by the men surrounding us, but it was too late. Using one dagger, i drove it straight into the man's knee and out the other side. The giant collapsed as he looked over his shoulder at me. I was bruised and tired, with a bloody nose and probably a few broken bones. But here i was, returning a favor to the blondies. Thorkell laughed at my appearance. "Haha! You're alive, after all! I thought i had killed you! Lost your resolve, though. You look like you're about to collapse again at any given moment!" I spat out some blood as the giant kept talking. Pulling loose my dagger, i went to hit him in the neck but was stopped by the mans hand. "Now now! Were in no hurry!" I had already taken notice of the leavkng ship and was certain that we were very much in a hurry. However, this slight paize of being thrown around was enough for thorfinn. He gripped his dagger in his loose hand, slicing off two of thorkells fingers before tumbling to the ground. He pushed himself backward against the wood, holding his dagger in his hand. "Who! For someone so small, you're quite impressive! You still haven't lost." I went to stand next to him as i held both my daggers in a defensive stance, ready to flee at any given moment. "I must know! What's your name warrior!" Thorkell continued, looking at the beat-up boy.

"Thorfinn, son of thors."

Thorkell looked shocked. "Hmm! Son of thors? Hey, when you say thors, do y-"
The sentence was cut off as i didn't want to stay there any longer. I grabbed thorfinn by his arm, heaving him up and supporting him on my shoulder as i let the both of us fall over the ledge. I swam to the best of my ability as thorfinn had seemed to have lost consciousness.

I came back on shore somewhere in a random forest. I dragged the other boys limp body behind me before collapsing in the lush grass. It was quite a beautiful place, especially in the middle of autumn, but this wasn't the moment to think about that. Thorfinn coughed as he grabbed for his shoulder. I watched him sit up, slightly groaning in pain. His arm was clearly dislocated and needed to be put back in place. Slowly getting up, i took my jacket off, folding it up. "Here, bite down on this. I'll put that arm back in place." Thorfinn was hesitant but did as asked. I took a firm grip, and with a nasty pop and crack, the arm was back in place. Throfinn screams were silenced by the fabric in his mouth, but it was clear that that hurt like a bitch.

Using the same jacket to make a sling for the boys arm, i checked my own wounds. At least three broken ribs, some broken fingers, a broken nose and some other smaller things. All in all, could have been a lot worse.

We started walking back and i had offered to support thorfinn but he refused any more help, opting to hust walk on his terrible looking anke.

We met up with Askeladd's marching band as he stopped his horse to look at us. "Hey what happened to your two? Surprised you're alive. Damn you two look like shit. Of course, it was a difficult opponent, wasn't he? We're marching to wessex, but im not waiting around for you if you can't walk." Thorfinn grimaced, baring his teeth. He turned and started walking, head hung low and still clutching his shoulder. I went to walk next to him, in case he needed assistance. Not like i had anyone else here to keep me company anyway. All those fuckers, bragging about doing nothing, weren't exactly my type of people after all.

"FATHER!!!!"

I awoke to thorfinns screaming, immediately grabbing for my sword. "What! Whats happening!" I yelled back, turning to look at the blonde. He was panting, sweat evident on his skin as some hairs stuck to his face. I put my sword back down. It was a nightmare.