Red Gem

Steven pondered the question, before quickly putting up his bubble as a torrent of flames rushed at him.

Tamara scoffed, placing a hand on the bubble, reeling her other hand back for a punch. With a burst of flames, she punched the bubble down onto the beach, Steven yelping in surprise.

"Hold on, are you the one creating the fire?!" He questioned, making a shield.

"You finally figured that out? Doesn't matter, you won't be conscious long enough for that Rose Quartz." She sneered.

She charged again, jumping back to avoid a spear throw.

"Ugh, you must be the pearl!" She complained, seeing her aim it at her. "Look, you can still walk away, this is between me and the kid!" She said, waiting to see what she would do.

"Garnet! Amethyst!"

Two other gems popped up, the taller one glaring at her.

"I see how it is.... Pearl, Netty, you have permission to engage!" She said, her pearl appearing not a moment later.

The cloaked figure trained her gaze on Garnet, saying "Tamara, permission to take the big one?"

"Permission granted."

Netty stepped a few feet away, saying "Well then Garnet, show me that you're worthy of being a fusion."

Garnet growled, rushing at Netty, while the other gems went after Red Pearl, leaving Tamara to deal with Steven.

"Burn!" She said, blasting even more flames from her hands.

"Ahhh! It's hot, really hot!" He exclaimed, opting to just make another bubble.

Meanwhile, Netty was dodging all of Garnet's attacks, even blocking a few of them.

"Just... Go.... Down!" Garnet said, finally managing to land a hit on the other gem.

Netty smirked, grabbing her cloak.

"Ya know, you actually pose a challenge.... Such a shame to have to cut you down a notch! You would've been a lovely sparring partner!" She said, her right arm pointing at Garnet as a more spiky gauntlet shot out, connected to a chain, punching Garnet.

She ripped off the cloak, the other gems standing in shock at the more curly, square shaped hair.

"My Tamara, do I still have the honor of defeating this lesser fusion?" Netty asked.

"Of course, Red Garnet." She said, the other tightening the red vest that they wore, a pair of heat proof goggles appearing on her face.

She charged at Garnet, swinging a fist to push her back.

Pearl and Amethyst avoided attacks from Red Pearl's sword, wishing not to be cut with it.

"To think that we would actually find Rose Quartz here of all places. You should feel honored to be brought down by Tamara!" She said, swinging her blade.

Tamara pulled a Javelin from.... Somewhere, swinging it at Steven.

"Can't we just talk about this?! Why do you even dislike me?!" He questioned, blocking with his shield.

She was about to respond when shadow went flying past them, seeing Netty fall into the water.

"Did you honestly think that would be enough to defeat me?" She questioned.

"No, but this is." Garnet said, a buzzing sound filling the air.

She looked to the side, Amethyst tossing a cable into the water. She briefly locked eyes with Tamara, before tons of electricity filled the water, shocking Netty until she poofed. Tamara's eyes widened, before she looked to the side to see her pearl also get poofed.

"Oh you've gotta be kidding me!" She said, Taking a step or two back, before she saw one of Garnet's gauntlets flying towards her. "Son of a-"

*PUNCH*

.

With a groan, Tamara woke up to find herself tied to a chair, a ruby saying "Like I said dozens of times, we only listen to Tamara!"

A red sapphire, gem on her shoulder, said "Ruby, would you be more rational about this! We already are captured, it doesn't make any sense to withhold information!"

"Sapphire, I'd love to agree with you, but our dear Tamara is awake!"

Every gem and human in the room turned to Tamara, the girl shifting uncomfortably.

"So.... What are you?" Steven asked.

"Depends on what you mean." She responded.

"Well, you have gem powers and abilities, but no apparent gem...." He said, trying to piece it together.

"Well, that depends.... Which one of you gems is bold enough to get close to me?" She said lifting her neck to see a red choker covering her gem.

The gems all looked between each other, before Steven walked over to her. He reached up, pulled off the choker, Tamara putting her head down.

"Thanks little man.... Might wanna back up though." She said, taking a deep inhale.

Red lit up under her chin, as she lifted her head to breathe a stream of fire from her mouth, red glowing from her throat. She breathed out through her nose, smoke coming out.

"Much better.... Oh right, my gem."

She lifted her head, exposing her throat for them to see a red gem, shaped a bit like Steven's. It had a fiery color to it, smoke complementing her clear skin.

"I.... Actually can't tell what that is." Pearl stated.

"Good, I like it better that way." Tamara said cheerfully. "Speaking of which.... We lost the fight, so I see no reason to contact Yellow about this."

"Tamara you can't actually be serious about this?! They're dangerous rebels that shattered Pink Diamond! Not to mention what they did to Re-"

She glared at the pearl.

"-eeeeeally important gems!" She said, practically saving herself.

"My Tamara!"

She turned to see Netty get on one knee and bow to her, back to her Garnet form.

"I apologize for the delay, but should I send a message to one of the Diamonds?" She questioned.

"That won't be necessary, could you and pearl head back home? I need to.... Speak with the gems."

Garnet seemed uncomfortable, Netty walking out the door with Red Pearl. After making sure that they were gone, she turned to the gems, looking directly at Steven.

"So, you look human. Does that mean that you're a half gem half human too?" He asked, seemingly curious.

"Yeah.... I got my gem from my mom, and as you can see, it's a lot like yours." She stated.

"Hold on, how do we know that we can trust you?" Pearl Questioned.

"Eh, not really about trusting me, just believing me enough not to crack me." She responded calmly. "It's getting late, I gotta go home.... Hey, Steven was it?" She said, tossing him a diamond shaped object.

"Call me."

.

And there we have it! Like you might be expecting, something new and unknown, but that's okay! Catch you on the flip side!