꧁༒•𝕊𝕔𝕖𝕟𝕥•༒꧂

Start from the beginning

-ˋˏ ˎˊ-

Archimedes grabbed his telescope in the middle of the night as Jane, Tarzan, and Kaia stood around the golden machine. Archimedes saw the wonder in Kaia's eyes and urged her to play with it, seeing how she delicately touched it. 

She grinned and pulled out the trinkets she found and handed them to him. His eyes widened to see a spyglass in her possession. It was already rusted and broken but saw how she was interested in it. 

As Archimedes adjusted the telescope, he ushered them to look through it. Tarzan was the first to see as all the air in his lungs left to see millions of stars up close. He even saw a shooting star. He hoots excitingly and grabbed Kaia's wrist, pulling her to see. 

Kaia gasped as she looked at it closer. It was amazing. 

-ˋˏ ˎˊ-

The next few days, Jane taught them how to read and write from her books. These ones had colorful pictures for them to understand. Jane was moved to see Kaia taking in the information slower than Tarzan but saw the determination in her eyes to catch up. 

She can see the small competition between them and loved the idea of them liking each other. They would tease each other when they would get it wrong which would then result in them physically fighting and later laughing. 

As her father was teaching something to Tarzan, Jane decided to teach Kaia how to be more ladylike. Kaia dragged the poor girl everywhere and Jane was horrified to see Kaia killing a boar and skinning it, before cooking it. 

And so, Jane took her weapons in the meantime. She tried to take her feathered dagger but Kaia immediately snarled at her defensively. 

"Stand straight," Jane smiled as Kaia had stacks of books on her head as she walked on two feet. "Now twirl around."

Kaia huffed and did as told, barely understanding what she was saying. As she did so, some of the books were close to falling but she grabbed them steadily. 

She hates this. 

Jane smiled and made her prepare tea. Kaia basically saw the variety of herbs and curiously smelled them. The scent was too strong causing her to cough. She even saw grains of white sand, gasping in awe to taste them sweet. 

It was a mistake as her teeth ached from stuffing them in her mouth. 

Jane was patient with Kaia in reading, writing, and how to be ladylike. But she'll instantly regret the moment she drags her to a bath. It was too hot for her. Jane would brush through her dark tresses, only to cut some strands as her brush got stuck on them. 

Tarzan walked in on Kaia one time and Jane flushed red as Kaia wasn't bothered. Instead, she threw bubbles at him, causing his eyes to burn, and tackle her inside the bath and play around. 

Jane tried to kick him out as no man should see a lady naked before they get married but Tarzan clung to Kaia like a lifeline while Clayton had to pull him away. Clayton subconsciously tried to get a peek but Kaia was quick to throw a bar of soap at him, burning his eyes. 

-ˋˏ ˎˊ-