꧁༒•𝕎𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦?•༒꧂

Kaia grabbed her bow and arrows as she and Tarzan swung on the vines and jumped on the trees to figure out what it was

Kaia grabbed her bow and arrows as she and Tarzan swung on the vines and jumped on the trees to figure out what it was. They've never heard anything like it before. 

Kaia's moves were slightly constricted but managed to catch up where they last heard the thunder. It was a high-pitched echo but no sign of flooding clouds in the sky. 

They dropped down to a tree and frowned at the mess. The trees were broken apart. They jumped down and took notice of the strange shapes of the trees were cut. 

Kaia crouched in fours and looked at it closely, dragging her fingers on top. It was perfectly cut through. What kind of animal can do that? That couldn't be the leopards or panthers. Their scent was nowhere to be seen. 

"Kaia," Tarzan whispered. She turned to him and rushed next to him. She frowned as a solid yellow object was in his hand. It was strange. Tarzan turned to her and handed it to her. "It tastes bad."

Kaia glanced at him and looked down at the object. She has collected trinkets. Many of them were rusted, broken, or cold but this one was clean, bright, and warm. 

Looking down, she furrowed her brows at the footprints. "I've never seen anything like this," she shook her head. 

Tarzan shook his head too, finding the scent more confusing. Kaia flinched as she heard the thunder spike again but louder. They were getting close. Tarzan grunts and taps her thigh to keep going. She dropped the object to the ground as they both climbed on the trees and swung on the vines. 

"This reminds me of the safari I led up the Zambezi," a voice spoke from under the trees. 

Tarzan and Kaia frowned as they saw the trees shaking before being cut down. Tarzan glanced at her, "Stay close," he whispered as they both silently climbed down and hid in the shadows. 

Kaia stayed high in the trees, using the shadows to her advantage as she pulled her bow and arrow, attaching them together and kneeling on the branch. Tarzan took a more frontal approach and hid on the ground, not far from her and hiding in the bushes. 

"Two men with only three rifles. We blasted away! That's when I knew I was born for Africa! And Africa was created for–" the voice stopped as the large shadow behind the tree quietened. 

Kaia's eyes widened as she didn't anticipate the attack. The bamboo next to Tarzan was destroyed in an instant with the sound of the thunder blasting in the sky. She gasped as Tarzan hid lower to the ground. She gritted her teeth as she gripped her arrow tightly.  

The bamboo was sliced apart as a tall yellow creature aimed its weapon around. All the air left Tarzan's and Kaia's lungs as they looked at it. 

What is that?

"Clayton!" 

They stopped and looked at the voice, seeing a shorter and chubbier creature. They frowned more as they saw white fur on its head only. It confused them further. They didn't look like any creatures they encountered except for themselves.