"You came in at the right time, too," Kyron started to say. "I want you to take him to that new spot I got in Springfield ASAP."

I gave Kyron the most dirtiest look I could.

"Hell naw!" I yelled.

Kyron started rubbing his forehead like I was giving him a headache. This Nigga really had some audacity!

"If you gotta carry his ass then do it. I want him outta the city in a hour."

I looked at him like he was crazy. Then, I turned to Clutch who started walking towards me like he was actually about to put his hands on me.

"Nuh uh! Don't touch me!" I yelled at him. But, he didn't listen. He scooped me up like it wasn't a big deal and threw me over his shoulder. No matter how hard I kicked and screamed—his hold on me did not loosen.

"Kyron!"

"Imma call you boo!" I heard him call out to me.

All of the men laughed at me as we passed them. All I could do was stick my middle finger up at them.

The only thing that made me stop flapping like a fish out of water was what Clutch had said to everyone as we passed.

"Fish hook that nigga."

Then, my gaze fell on Dee. Clearly he hadn't been passed out for that long. His eyes found mine and he looked like he was about to ask me for help. My heart started doing flips and shit, almost like I was the one who was about to get fish hooked.

All of the men followed Clutch's order and grabbed Dee. He screamed, loud.

That had been the last time I heard him scream.

└──────┘

The whole ride to wherever we were going, I had sat in silence.

I was also giving Clutch, along with some other dude that came with us, my evil eye. They knew I was mad at them, but I also knew that they ain't give a fuck.

At least they followed orders, though.

"Where are we going?" I asked them for the millionth time. Clutch sighed dramatically like I was getting on his nerves so much. Then, the light skin boy whose name I still didn't know just shook his head.

"What? Y'all under strict orders or something that y'all can't even tell me where y'all taking me?"

"We taking you to da spot," the light skin one said to me.

"What is the spot?" I mocked him.

He side eyed me. "A house in Springfield."

"Y'all are starting to piss me off, for real," I rolled my eyes. Then, the light skin one started laughing.

"Did I say something funny?" I said, agitated now.

"Man, ion know how Ky deal with 'yo ass," he shook his head.

Ky? For him to be using nicknames for Kyron, they had to have known each other for a little minute. So, I asked what I had just started to wonder about. "How long ya'll been knowing Ky?"

The question was more so directed at Mr. Light-bright than Clutch, but Clutch answered first. "Only for about a year."

"Like four," Light-bright said after him.