CHAPTER 15 - FAMILIA

THE GRID - FIRST TRONCYCLE

GENERAL'S CARRIER SHIP – ARGON

"CONTAMINATION. CHAOS. YOUR FRIENDS. THIS IS WHAT ISOS LEAVE BEHIND"

"I DON'T THINK I AM DESIGNED TO PLAY MUSIC, IT'S NOT IN MY PROGRAMMING"

"WE JUST WANT TO LIVE IN PEACE......I CAN TRUST YOU, CAN'T I?"

Breaking the myriad of traumatic memories, the sound of the phrase "Major" by one of the rookie soldiers, oblivious to the replay of memories in his superior's head for the Nth time since several TronCycles, woke her from the memory reel. At a first glance, her deceptively beautiful face and perfect body fabricate the persona of a damsel-in-distress, but her skills and experience narrate the other story altogether. If the confessions of the derezzed and serving army sentries are to believe, she held the number one position in the Game Arena for a record number of ten tournaments, the first and only record in the history of the Arena and the Grid. To break that record is to have a total kill count of 600 people or more as she boasts of 500, a record that one could only dream of while getting defeated and derezzed at the double-digit figures itself in the Arena Leaderboards.

Displaying her calm and composed demeanor, one which she sculpted herself in the making, she listened to the rookie's message and cleared her mind before setting her foot out of her cabin. Taking heavy steps with controlled breath and a cold heart, she entered General's cabin.

As her entry is about to get noticed, the General, in his elongated yet silent stature, waited to connect to his not-so-favorite Commander via the Korinthian Stream, avoiding any distraction he can till then. As the AV connection started, the Commander waited with bated breath as the General took no time welcoming his boy:

- My boy, did I disturb your tricycle?

- (sneering) Not at all, General. I was waiting for your call.

- And tell what? Those rats tingled your balls and robbed you naked?

- Our men tried their best but those fugitives are smart. I will capture them myself, sire, I give my word.

- I'll give you two free pieces of advice, son. First, get those whores and cucks outta your house, and second, learn to stick your dick out for once.

- (gritting his teeth) I roam this city once in a while, sir. Even my soldiers envy my alertness.

- If that's the case, did you send them here for a vacation!!

- I don't understand, why would I?

- Explain this then!!(displays the Recognizer's footage)

- I...I...I can explain this.

- Enough!! I ain't your daddy to wipe off your ass every time you fuck something up, you understand?

- (hanging head in shame) Yes, General.

- (pointing towards Major) You know why you are in Purgos and Paige is here, Pavel?

- Because she is your daughter and acts innocent as fuck.

- It's because your balls are with the whores you entertain every 137mTC. Just because your dumpster fire Purgos remained unscathed along several TCs doesn't mean you're User level-strong, brat. It means that you are a pig who's fit to roll in that turd swamp, and your verbal diarrhea doesn't change that fact, asshole!

- (Hanging head down in shame and silence)

- I didn't call you to see your shitty face, so heads up. I need you beside me within the next 400mTC.