Three. The Weak and Feeble

three

three. the weak and feeble

    HURRICANE Agatha came in earlier than expected. For an entire day, trees were falling down, waves were crashing onto all the beach houses, harsh winds fell upon them. But Alaska stayed at home through it all with her parents. The day consisted of her and her mother watching movies all day while her father worked in his office.

     The day after the storm was a much needed relief. Alaska Moore could finally leave the house. As much as she loved her home and the comfort it brought, she didn't want to spend her summer cooped up in her house when she could be surfing or hanging out with her friends. As the morning rose, she was rudely awoken by her phone constantly ringing, making her grab it and answer the phone tiredly.

     "What?" She groaned out, her voice still hoarse from sleep. She could hear the person on the other clear their throat nervously, making her call out again, "Hello?"

     "Hey, angel," JJ's welcoming voice made her relax into the pillows.

     "JJ, it's eleven in the morning," She tossed in her bed, "What is it?"

     "Come on out, John B and I are just about to reach you," He said, making her sit up straight.

     "But—"

     "No excuses! The day after a hurricane is a free day!" He interrupted her, and she could hear John B laugh in the back.

     "According to who?" She quirked a curious brow.

     "Me... Duh. Come on, angel, be there in five."

     Muttering an 'okay', she rubbed the sleep away from her eyes and got up to pick out an outfit for the day. She didn't know where they were going but knowing JJ, she had to wear a swim suit. She quickly got dressed and tied a braid using a small strand of hair before grabbing her sunglasses and heading out to the water, where she found JJ and John B already waiting for her.

     "Good morning, angel," JJ held out a hand to the brunette with a charming smile, making her heart pick up nervously as she grabbed onto his hand.

     "Good morning, gentlemen," She smiled back, jumping into the boat. She didn't realize how close she jumped to JJ, because now their chests were nearly touching. She feared he could hear how hard her heart was beating.

     Looking back at her house, JJ narrowed his eyes before turning back to the girl in front of him, "Your dad is watching."

     That sentence made her snap her head back to her house, her eyes landing on the figure standing in the balcony, watching the couple interact. They had to keep the act going. "Kiss me."

     "What?"

     "Kiss me, JJ," She whispered, turning back to the boy with an encouraging smile. He stared at her with wide eyes. He knew this step was going to come eventually and it had been a month. They didn't have to prove anything to her dad, but Alaska felt it was necessary to keep the show up in front of her dad too. He was Ward Cameron's friend after all. Nodding once, he closed the gap between them, placing his lips on hers.