Chapter 4

"Actually, no. Umm... I was... saying this because if I go with you now, you may have a problem adjusting there when we reach. I was thinking of you and Ali go now and find the home, go to your job and get to know Islamabad in a week or so, then it will be easier for us both to adjust..." I said.

Asim began thinking and then said, "I guess... you're right..."

I smiled and continued to pack his bag. Meanwhile, Safia came out with the information that a bus at 11:45 pm would leave for Islamabad from a Bus Express Station. Asim then asked Ali if he could accompany him to Islamabad for a week and then Neha and I could come there after two or three days. Ali went downstairs to ask his parents' permission.

"Asim bhai, mom has allowed me to go with you, so I'm gonna run home and get my bag fast." Ali excitedly came up and told him.

"Really? Cool." Asim was happy too

"You're so lucky bro!" Ali's sister, Safia cheered.

"Okay guys, I now need some time to go and get my office stuff so I'll see you later," Asim told us and left for his office.

"I'll be back." Asim turned towards me and smiled. His cousins and he left the room.

I nodded and smiled. He left while closing the door. I quietly looked around the room. I sighed. Ah, finally. I cleared the bed and laid on it. OMG! I really don't know how'll I be able to control my emotions? I can't face any fights in the family. I am scared of them. I don't want anyone to be a villain in my life. What will they do to me? Ufff. I closed my eyes and took a brief nap.

Minutes later, someone knocked on the door and it was my mother-in-law, Sara. At this time?

"Oh, Assalamoalikum! Come inside" I smiled.

She smiled and came inside, "So, are you done packing the bags?"

"Yes Aunty, I've packed them."

"So, are you also going?" She seemed concerned.

"Um... not yet Aunty, actually I thought, he might have more problem there initially so I think I can go after two days," I said.

My mother-in-law seemed dissatisfied with my answer and said, "Won't he find it harder to adjust without you for two days?"

He also lived and went on many office trips to other cities, I don't think he will have a problem without me. "Umm...Aunty actually, Ali is accompanying him."

"Okay..." she looked around the room and then told me that she needs to go. And when Asim would leave, let her know.

Fifteen minutes later, Asim came inside and said, "I'm back. It's 11:05 pm already."

I immediately got up and helped him with his bags. "Is everything packed? Did you put the bag I have in the bathroom?"

"Oh, yes. I've already put it in the pockets." I assured him.

Asim went around the room and checked if I had forgotten any of his clothes or necessary things. He opened the closet's top section and took out a small wooden box. He checked it and then put it in one of his suitcases. I was surprised to see that box. What's in that box? Well, Rohma! Why you are so interested in knowing what is in that box? Oh, forget it.

He then called his cousins and asked them to take his bags downstairs and said "I'll be right back."

After the cousins took the bags and he came out of the washroom, he began grooming himself. I quietly looked at him from behind and smiled at him. I was nervous and was pressing my fingers hard. He looked at me from the mirror and then turned back towards me. He came and stood in front of me. I shyly turned my head down. Omg! Is he really going? Why I am so nervous and scared? I don't know how his family will behave with me in his absence.

"Umm... so... i'm going... please you take care of yourself..." He said while he was looking at me.

"...and if there's any problem, please tell me or someone at the home. Okay?" He tried to assure me in his calm voice.

I tightly held my tears and said, "Yes...okay. You also take care" and I smiled turning my head up, and looked at him.

We smiled and stared at each other for 30 seconds and then he said. "Now... let's go downstairs. It's my time to go."

I accompanied him downstairs and then he greeted everyone in his family with a final goodbye for Islamabad. He hugged her parents and sisters and then stared at me. I emotionally smiled trying to hide my emotions. Everyone in the family went to the gate to see Asim and Ali off and then we prayed for their safety.

After Asim and Ali left, everyone went to sleep and I returned to Asim's room. I stared at the quiet walls and I was feeling confused and scared. It's so scary. Omg! How will I be able to sleep in this dark? Alone? I've never slept alone in a new place. I sat on the bed and started using my phone. I began checking social sites and then started listening to my favorite songs. I was lying on the bed and was almost asleep when I received a text from a random number.

"Hey, I'm on the bus now."

I was confused as I hadn't saved his name under the number on my phone. "Uh, sorry, who's this?"

"LOL! :D It's your Asim!"

"your Asim"? My Asim? Really? Does he really believe that he's mine? Wow.

"Hadn't you saved my number in your phone already?" He sent the message.

"Oh, actually I had your number in my phone but not with the name. I'll just save it. Sorry." I replied.

I immediately opened my contacts list and saved his number as "Asim Ali" and then replied, "I just saved it."

"Okay, cool. The bus will leave in 5 mins. When will you sleep?" He asked.

"Okay, um I was actually about to sleep," I replied

The text messaging became awkward between us and then he finally replied, "Okay, go to sleep. Good night."

"Okay. Do tell me when you reach any hotel there in Islamabad. Have a safe journey. Good night." I tried to show him concern.

"Yeah sure. Good night."

And, soon thinking about the next day and about Asim, I went to sleep.