[A Hermitcraft Family Christmas]

Start from the beginning

"Well, I didn't come down here just to marvel at your fucking massive biceps-" (Hels promptly interrupts this with a grin, flexing as he says, "You know you love it") "although they are...impressive," Ex says, face going a little darker. "Aaanyway, unfortunately you're going to have to cover them up, because you're going to need a coat where we're going." Hels lifts an eyebrow, lowering his arms back down. "A coat? I don't think I even own a coat...where in the blazing hell am I going to need a coat?" Ex rolls his eyes, sighing affectionately. "Well, remember how I told you that it's very cold on the Hermitcraft server right now?" Hels' eyes light up with recognition, a memory sparking in his head of Ex mentioning something called "winter" a few days ago. "Right, right," he says. "So you want me, a Netherborn, to come with you to the freezing cold place? Makes perfect sense." Ex scoffs, clamping a hand over Hels' mouth. "Shut up, you didn't let me finish. It's the holidays right now, like around Christmas, so I kind of wanted to...bring you? To celebrate with me?" His voice is a little bit sheepish by the end, and Hels thrives on this vulnerable tone by cooing, "Aww, scary badass Ex wants to celebrate a holiday with me! How cute!" Ex scowls and promptly punches Hels in the shoulder, Hels barking a laugh as he does so. "Little Exyyyy," Hels continues, cupping Ex's face in his hands, laughing as Ex's pupils dilate as they meet his. "Yes, of course I will celebrate your funny little holiday with you," Hels says, letting up his baby voice for a more serious, happy one. Ex breaks a genuine smile, drawing a red hue out of Hels' cheeks. "You bet your ass you are," he replies, his tone severely contrasting to his actions as he brings his hands up to Hels' neck, leaning in to press his lips against his partner's. Hels' eyes drift shut, feeling Ex pull Hels further into him, his bare chest pressing into Ex's metal armour. He jumps away from Ex at the sudden cold contact with a yelp, drawing a laugh from the ex-admin. "Shit, sorry," he chuckles as Hels recovers from the shock. "We'll have to do that again later, without my armour on," Ex continues innocently, causing Hels' face to go redder than the netherrack behind him at the implication behind his partner's words. Hels sometimes hated the fact that Ex knew exactly what to say to make him extremely flustered. Fortunately, the Nether knight had picked up a few remarks of his own. "Shut up, or I might just do it," Hels retorts, feeling a spark of satisfaction as Ex's eyebrows shoot up. "I won't object," he says in a low voice that makes Hels' heart squirm, a smirk planted on his lips. Hels stays quiet this time, not knowing what to say in response to something like that.

"Right, then," Ex continues, as if nothing's happened, "best behaviour, pretty boy. Let's go get a shirt and a coat on you, regrettably." Hels laughs softly as they begin walking back up the mines. "Hey, from what I've heard, you'll get to see more of this later," he snickers, seeing Ex's face lighting up red before he turns away.

<>

Half an hour later, Hels is standing in front of a Nether portal, with a lot more than just a coat on. "Ex, I am going to sweat to death, and no I didn't mean that as a joke," Hels says, pulling at his uncomfortable gloves and hat. "Why do I need gloves? I have pockets!" Ex snickers and says, "You'll see." He grabs Hels' hand in his own, pulling Hels forwards to step into the portal. The purple haze closes in on Hels' vision, the familiar feeling of weightlessness settling over his body. A snap of purple light, and he knows he's in the Overworld. The instant chill seeps into his clothes, making him shiver as he steps out of the portal into the blinding light of the Hermitcraft server, shaking the remains of the portal particles from his tail. "Why is it so fucking bright?" he asks, shielding his eyes with one arm. He hears Ex laugh, and then his ears pick up distant shouting. He uncovers his eyes to look for the source of the yelling, and is met with a sight that makes his mouth drop open.

Draped in a glittering layer over the entire shopping district is a thick layer of a fluffy looking, sparkling something. It clings to trees and roofs and everything in sight, and Hels looks down to see it underneath him as well, crunching as he shifts his weight. "What...what is this stuff?" he breathes, eyes wide. "It's snow," Ex replies, scooping up a handful and showing it to Hels. "Frozen water. It falls instead of rain in the winter." Hels pokes it and then shivers, saying, "It's so cold." Ex barks a laugh and lets the handful drop back to the ground, replying, "Yeah, it's frozen. And it's also super fun to play in!" Ex decides to demonstrate this by scooping up Hels and leaping off the platform, wings unfurling behind him as he glides through the air. Hels grabs onto Ex, letting out a startled yell as Ex dips low to the ground and then lets Hels fall out of his arms, right into the "snow". Hels braces for impact, and instead, all he feels is...cold. Cold and wet. He sits up, wiping the snow off his face as he sputters. "F-fuck, that's SO COLD," he yells, flinging his arms around as he tries to get all the snow off of him. Ex laughs from above him, landing and shaking flakes off his wings. "Eugh, it's like the ash in the Nether but worse," Hels says, sticking his tongue out in disgust. Ex plops down beside him. "Ah, but it's great, though," he says, grinning as he spreads a wing over Hels' shoulder and pulls him in close, until Hels is nestled underneath Ex's arm. "Because I can do this," Ex continues, Hels feeling the ex-admin's voice rumbling through his chest, "and you don't have any excuse not to let me, because you're cold." Hels grumbles in protest, despite the fact that he's not upset to be in this position, and lightly rests his head against Ex's shoulder. "I see how it is," Ex says, but in a softer, more amused tone, "you're all snuggly now." Hels tilts his head up to kiss Ex on the jaw, earning a grin from his partner.

hermitcraft oneshots :]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara