[Aww, Cute]

some paranormal scarian for ya today 

I know it's past Halloween but shh

WC: 837

Grian wields his flashlight out before him, swinging the beam around as he walks through the abandoned house. His converse high-tops make the ancient floorboards creek beneath him in a way that would be scary to anyone else, but not to Grian. When his team was informed that this house had been seeing a lot of paranormal activity, Grian thought he was in for an exciting ghost hunt. But at the moment, the house remained completely unremarkable; just a typical, mid-1800s house riddled with cobwebs and outdated wall decorations. Grian sighs, pushing the door open to exit the bedroom he was just in to enter the main hallway once more.

Still, he knows better than to underestimate a house. One of the scariest, most dangerous hunts he'd ever been on happened in a house like this; the memories send icy shivers down his spine. He shudders, tensing up as his brain starts to point out the similarities between this house and that cursed hunt; the same hideous, floral wallpaper, the same tall china cabinets, the same foreboding grandfather clock looming in the living room. It was all too easy to imagine something otherworldly roaming these halls. Thinking about that hunt now makes his skin crawl and his hands shake. About the feeling of knowing he wasn't alone, feeling the temperature drop and his lungs go icy, the door slamming shut and then the cold fingers closing around his throat-

A pair of hands land on the back of his neck.

He nearly screams, squeezing his eyes shut as he flinches and drops his flashlight, expecting to feel it, the cold enveloping him, icing over his lungs, seizing his muscles so he can't move.

What he wasn't expecting was to feel warm lips on his own.

He opens his eyes and is met with the poorly-illuminated face of his boyfriend, Scar, his green eyes flashing mischievously in the dim light. Grian breaks away with a gasp, crying, "Good lord, Scar, you scared the living daylights out of me!" Scar smiles, wrapping his arms around Grian's waist and pulling him closer. "Yeah, but are you really that mad?" he giggles, lifting an eyebrow at an increasingly flustered Grian, who looks away, embarrassed, as he mumbles, "No." Scar laughs again and bends down to kiss Grian, soft and slow, and this brings up another memory for Grian; the first time this had happened, when they had first gotten together. It had been a house with a very physical ghost in it; slamming doors, throwing things, knocking things over, and Grian and Scar had been inspecting a bathroom when the ghost locked them in. Grian doesn't remember exactly how it happened, but he just remembers that maybe ten minutes into them being locked in there, they were kissing. The memory brings a smile to his face and he leans into Scar, bringing his hands up to circle Scar's back. Then he gets an idea.

He shifts his hands quickly to Scar's hips and picks him up, drawing a shriek from the taller hermit. "Jeez, Grian, put me down!" he exclaims, and Grian giggles as he puts down his boyfriend on top of a dresser. "That better?" he snorts, and Scar blushes, cupping Grian's face as he laughs, "We're on the job, Grian." Grian rolls his eyes and gestures to the room around them, saying, "Does this seem like much of a job to you?" Scar shakes his head and leans down to Grian. "Not really," he murmurs against Grian's lips, and then they're kissing again. Highly unproductive of them, in terms of their job, but enjoying themselves nonetheless.

Grian is leaning fully into Scar, hands sifting through his brown hair, when a voice calls from the doorway, "God, keep it professional guys." Grian pulls back from Scar, pupils dilated and eyes wide as he sees who's at the door; Scott, their team leader. "Sorry, Scott," he says sheepishly, and Scar chuckles. Scott merely sighs and shakes his head. "I do recall the time we found you doing this exact thing with Jimmy, though," Grian adds innocently, and Scar cackles as Scott goes beet-red. "I will cut you from the team," he hisses, but without any real bite. He composes himself, regaining his nonchalant disposition as he comments, "I'd like to point out that, if you looked at your information sheets, this is the most paranormally active room in the house. So if the ghost is here, it most likely saw that." Scar barks a laugh and hops off the dresser, joking, "Oh, poor ghost." Grian snickers as they both follow an unimpressed Scott out of the room, Grian's hand finding Scar's as they flash each other a smile.

Before they leave the room, though, Grian casts a glance over his shoulder, and shock shoots through his stomach.

Written in lipstick from the make-up drawers below it, on the vanity mirror, are the words, "Aww, cute."

And, still hovering in the air beside it, is the lipstick.

===

*gasp*

the ghost saw everythinggg