[Friends]

so I wrote this before I started my second year of middle school, and uploaded it the day before I started school

so I guess we're continuing the tradition! (I start school tomorrow)

this is a very short drabble with ren (I projected onto Ren lol) and doc (and bdubs is mentioned; we love some hinted Bdoc)

WC: 416

"Ren, if you throw one more leaf at my face-"

Ren gave a half-nervous, half-joking laugh and skittered away from Doc. "Okay, okay! I'm sorry!" he chuckled. "But you're just so...leafable!" Doc rolled his eyes jokingly, smiling a bit. "I'll take that as a compliment."

Ren looked down at his feet, finding comfort in the rhythmic way they hit the concrete. They had a beat, a beat that made the same sound every time. The sound of the rubber soles of his shoes hitting the hard concrete sidewalk. He knew what was coming, which he liked.

He and Doc were walking to high school, specifically for their first day. Ren was...extremely nervous, to put it lightly. He liked when things were predictable and reliable, which was strange because he was definitely not that kind of person.

But high school...it wasn't predictable, not at all. He could trip and fall flat on his face the second he walked in the doors and be the laugh of the month, for all he knew. Or he could be one of the cool kids. He had no idea, and that's what bugged him.

"Ren. You're worrying again," Doc said knowingly, and Ren looked up from his feet. "Wha- no I'm-"

Doc sighed gently. "Your tail is between your legs, and you're not talking. Two major signs that something is wrong."

Ren laughed a little. "You know me too well." He sighed, running a hand through his long hair. "Yeah, I'm worried. I'm worried about what this year is going to be like. Will it be good, or bad, or sort of...meh? I have no idea!" He threw his hands in the air in his exasperation. Doc chuckled. "Well you can rely on one thing. I'll still be your friend, no matter what happens, 'kay?"

Ren smiled, the kind of genuine smile that lit up his face and showed his sharp canine teeth.

"Okay. Thanks, Doccy."

Doc groaned at the nickname, burying his face in his hands. "Please don't call me that," he grumbled. Ren lifted an eyebrow at his friend, smirking. "Then why is Bdubs allowed to call you Doccy?" he asked cheekily, and Doc promptly turned into a tomato. "I- Ren, you know- because he's-" Doc stammered, and Ren laughed brightly. "Don't sweat it, Doc." Doc rolled his eyes again, but he was smiling a bit.

They were nearing the school; a big, red-bricked building framed by trees with flaming leaves and neat rows of gardens.

As the two walked up to the school, for once, Ren wasn't worried. He had something to rely on.

Friends.

i know my irl friends don't read my oneshots, but this is for them. thank you guys for making my life awesome, I hope we never grow apart :] /gen /pos

and this is also for you guys! I know there isn't as many of you as there were before, and I know that not all of my friends from before are here, but thank you to everyone. it's amazing to know that people can be so kind! thank you for supporting me in my silly writing guys, you rock :D <3 /gen /pos

remember to drink your water and that'll be all from me!