- 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒶𝓁𝑒 -

- Hailey -

Song: Until I Found Her by Stephan Sanchez

Standing in my soft, pastel yellow dress, my hair lightly curled and a touch of makeup on my face, I stand with the girls as we wait for our cue to walk out to where the boys wait for us. It feels agonizing as I find myself yet again at the end of the line. It feels like forever as I wait for each of the girls, one by one, to leave and head out to their men. After an eternity, I finally walk through the archway.

Each of the girls stand with their partners, but my Nick stands alone, in front of the others, his hands held together in front of his body. His face rises into a stupid, boyish grin as he sees me, and I suddenly feel shy. I walk around the pool and to where he waits for me. He takes me in, watching my every step before I finally make it to him.

"You look..." he stutters, looking over my body once again. "Stunning."

"And you look very handsome," I say, patting over his suit with my palms as I meaninglessly smooth it out. I slightly adjust his tie before we walk back over to the group.

Arielle leads us over to where she wants us, and we stand with our arms looped with our partners as she begins to speak.

"Islanders," she greets. "How are we feeling? Good?"

We all nervously cheer, causing her to laugh.

"Don't worry, I get it," she says. "Tonight, we will decide the winner of Love Island. Over the past few days, America has been voting on which couple they would like to win. I will announce from fourth place to first. Are you guys ready?"

We all encourage her to proceed, and she pulls out large note cards which hold our fate. "The couple that has won fourth place is..."

The air is very thick, and it is as tense as you could get. My heart races as I wait for the names to leave her lips.

"Isabella and Aryan," she announces, and the couple hugs each other before taking a seat. "The couple that has won third place is...."

I begin to bite my lip unconsciously, and I feel Nick squeeze my arm as a way to comfort me. I turn my head and give him a slight smile before looking to the floor. He unravels his arm from mine and instead places it on my lower back, as he has every other ceremony. It's comforting in this time of excitement and suspense, and I immediately grow a little less tense.

"Ivy and Lucas," Arielle says. The two take a seat next to Isabella and Aryan.

"So, Hailey and Nick, Gianna and Kyle," she says, looking between the two couples. "You guys are the final two couples. What are you thinking right now? Gianna? Kyle?"

Kyle speaks up. "In the end, whether or not we win, the fact that I have ended up with an amazing young lady like this one has been such an opportunity," he says, and Gianna looks up at him, and that's when I know that she truly loves him.

"Hailey? Nick?"

I open my mouth to speak, but Nick talks first. "I feel like I have always won. Every day, I wake up, seeing Hailey's face. It feels like a gift. Knowing that she's mine is something that already feels like the reward. Regardless on the votes, I have already won, because I have finally found the woman that I love."

I look up at him, my vision beginning to blur as I hear his words. He looks down to me with a smile on his face, and although now is probably not an appropriate time, I reach up and place a loving kiss on his lips. We pull away, and I place my head on Nick's shoulder as we wait for Arielle to announce the winner.

"Alright guys, are you ready to know the winner of Love Island?"

The two couples on the couch begin to cheer as if they were the audience, clapping for us in support.

"The winning couple is...."

Many moments pass, and my heart is beating out of my chest in anticipation.

"Hailey and Nick!"

I turn to Nick and wrap my arms around his neck, sniffling into it as tears begin to flow down my cheeks. He picks me off the ground and begins to twirl me around, and I giggle into his neck as he does so. He places soft kisses on my neck before setting me down, looking me in the eyes, and kissing me.

Our friends come around us, giving us one big group hug as we celebrate together.

I have never felt more loved than in this moment.

The End