"You're tongue is blue Mr.Scary," she said, thinking how unintimidating he looked with his tongue dyed from the candy.

Damon glared at her but she could tell there wasn't actually any anger behind it. "So is yours," he said.

"Hmm. Switch with me?" she asked.

"Why?"

"Because you got blue and I want blue. It tastes better than red."

"They taste the same."

"Damon! Please" she said, pouting as she dragged out her words. Damon rolled her eyes but held out his for her to take.

"Thank you," she said, in a sing-song voice.

"Can I tell you a secret?" he asked. Chloe nodded, gesturing for him to continue.

"I think you're just as pretty as Caroline. Prettier, even."

Chloe looked down, her mouth suddenly bone dry.

She stood up abruptly and held out her hand. "Come on. I'm thirsty" she said. Damon looked at her with a slight smirk on his face almost like he could sense her nerves. But he didn't say anything as he followed her into the grill.

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"What about Europe?"

"Too rainy."

"It rains everywhere."

"Not as much as Europe."

Chloe and Damon were seated in a booth in the back of the grill with Chloe desperately trying to push Damon's earlier words out of her head.

"Come on. You've been nearly everywhere. You've got to have a favorite place" she said.

"Mystic Falls," he told her.

"Liar" she scoffed. "No one's favorite place is Mystic Falls."

"Mine's is."

"Why?"

"Because your here," he said, that same cocky smirk on his face.

Chloe huffed and shook her head. "Stop doing that," she said.

"Doing what?" he asked, feigning innocence.

"Flirting with me," she said.

"You don't like it?"

"You don't mean it," she said.

Damon looked at her with a confused look. "Who says I don't mean it?" he asked.

"I know you don't. When you were dancing with Elena...there was something there. I don't know if you actually like her or if you're just not over Katherine but that's what you want. Not me. Your just toying with me like you did with Caroline" Chloe said.

Damon looked down at her and she couldn't figure out what he was thinking. She didn't have the time to figure it out as Anna rushed over to them.

Damon groaned as he looked at her, thinking she was interrupting something. "You're still here?" he asked.

"There's something you need to know," Anna said. "The vampires from the tomb are planning an attack tonight."

"How do you know this?" he asked.

"I went to them. They think I'm with them, but I'm not. They want the founding families' dead" she said.

"When?" Chloe asked.

"When the fireworks start," Anna told her.

"John Gilbert wants to use that invention on them," Damon said, realizing what he wanted it for.