Chapter 6

Chapter 6

I walked back to my room on my own.  I knew that Aine was busy tonight and I had nowhere to go but back to my chambers.  He would come to me.  I would give him everything he wanted and then he would leave.  As much as Aine told me to enjoy it I couldn’t associate that activity with pleasure.  My limited experience of men did in no way give me any pleasure. I had witnesses plenty of unions that looked like both parties seemed to enjoy the sensations.  It was just more evidence that all pointed to the same conclusion, the King was right. I was unable to satisfy a man. 

What would happen if I couldn’t do what he asked?  What would happen if I was incapable of this?  He would leave and go and find someone to provide what he needed?  Would that be so bad?  It would be the best outcome, the safest outcome.  However I remembered back to my dreams of last night.  I wanted that. Yes I did want him.  No point in denying it now.

I stood in my empty room and wondered what to do.  Was I supposed to undress?  Was I supposed to wait for him in bed?  Was I supposed...?

Warm strong hands slipped around me and I felt him behind me.

He said nothing as he kissed me down my neck and loosened the bindings of the dress so that it slipped off me to the floor.  He groaned softly as his hands skimmed over my skin. 

Then he turned me to face him.

“Undress me,” he commanded softly.  With trembling fingers I fumbled with his clothing until he chuckled with amusement and impatience.  His hands covered mine and he helped me with the last of his garments.

“Touch me,” he smiled.  I started at his face and traced his bone structure.  Then my fingers came down his neck and along his shoulders.  Every bit of his chest was muscle.  I had never seen so much perfection.  He was beautiful.  I allowed my fingers to flow over the tight skin and between the obvious muscle as they explored his body. 

He kissed me then with his whole body.  My arms wrapped around his neck and felt more alive than I had ever felt.

“Do you want me Maeb?” He whispered.

“Yes,” I heard myself respond.

Then I cried out with pleasure and pain at the same time. 

“I hurt you?” his face dropped and his eyes widened, “Ohh God did you... “

I covered my face with my hands embarrassed, “No, I thought you were the expert in these things,” I laughed nervously.

He groaned as I blushed deeply, “You were a virgin?  Three years of marriage and he never consummated...?”  He shook his head and looked to the bed.  “No too obvious,” he muttered then he looked around until he picked up his white shirt.  The shirt was beautiful, so fine and made so delicately.  It was an expensive garment. “My favourite,” he smiled at me, “perfect.” Without wiping he pressed it into me and when he was satisfied he removed the shirt and examined his handiwork. 

“Ahh, I will fly this with great honour and everyone shall know that I took a great prize tonight.  Now I will do the ritual...”  He took me in his arms and spoke softly against my skin.  “I claim your first blood.  I claim the right as your first man.  I carve my name in your heart as your conqueror.  Let all that come after me be compared to only me.  I will cherish your blood favour and fly it above my tent with pride.  You shall not forget this night my virgin lover.”

Then he took me back into his arms and made good of his claim.

He ran his fingers down my flesh and gently explored me, smiling as he watched me.