"What's all the furrowed brows?" he asked. Chloe wanted to know too since she doubted they called her here just so Stefan could apologize.

"I saw Isobel last night," Alaric said.

"Isobel's here? In town?" Damon asked. Chloe looked at Elena who looked like she had been punched in the gut.

"Did you ask her about Uncle John?" Damon asked. "Are they working together?"

"No," Alaric said.

"No, they're not?"

"No, I didn't ask," Alaric told him.

"What about the invention?"

"Didn't ask."

"Does she know about the tomb of vampires?"

"I don't know" Alaric shrugged.

"Did words completely escape you?" Damon asked.

"No, I was a little too distracted by my dead vampire wife to ask any questions!" Alaric exclaimed.

"Well what does she want?" Chloe asked.

"She wants to see me," Elena said.

"Alaric is supposed to arrange a meeting," Stefan said. "We don't know why or what she wants."

"You don't have to see her if you don't want to," Chloe said.

"I don't really have a choice," Elena said.

"She's threatening to go on a killing spree," Alaric told them.

"Oh. I take it that's...not okay with you guys" Damon asked, looking around the room.

"I want to do it," Elena said. "I want to meet her. If I don't, I know I'll regret it."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Alaric arranged for Isobel to meet with Elena at the grill after school. Stefan went inside with her while Chloe, Damon, and Alaric waited in the park across the street.

"We should be in there," Damon said, pacing back at forth, annoyed by the plan.

"No," Alaric said. "Isobel made it clear we're not to step foot inside."

"I'm not gonna kill her in a crowded restaurant," Damon said.

"You're not gonna kill her, period," Alaric said.

"She ruined your life, and you still wanna protect her?" Chloe asked.

"She's my wife," he said, correcting himself when Damon and Chloe gave him a strange look. "Was my wife. I looked for the woman I married, but she wasn't there. Whoever that is is...cold and detached."

"Yeah," Damon scoffed. "She's given up her humanity."

"Yeah, see, I don't get that," Alaric said. "Stefan has his humanity. He's a good guy. Hell, your a dick and you kill people but I still see something human in you, but with her, there was...there was nothing."

"You can turn it off," Damon said. "Like a button, you can press. I mean, Stefan's different. He...he wants the whole human experience. He wants to feel every episode of How I Met Your Mother so he shuts his feeling out. The problem is, as a vampire your instinct is not to feel. Isobel chose the easier rode. No guilt and shame. No regret. I mean, come on. If you could turn it off, wouldn't you?"

"You haven't," Chloe said.

"Of course, I have, Chloe. That's why I'm so fun to be around."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───