I hadn't been with anyone since Vik.

     And the last time I was with Vik... I didn't want to think about that. It was never non-consensual, between Vik and I. But the last time wasn't exactly wanted, either. It was an escape route, and nothing more.

     My head felt foggy, all of a sudden. And the bathroom was too steamy, too overheated.

     Rhynn seemed to catch on, and his eyes softened somewhat, pausing on his belt. "Are you okay?" he asked, backing away slightly. "If you don't want this, we can-"

     "No," I found myself answering. "I- This is- It's good." I stepped forward with all the confidence I could muster. "I want this." And I tugged at the knot holding my bathrobe together.

     No, I was no prude. Aside from Vik, I'd had my fair share of males. And I knew what my body could do. The power that my curves could possess. Seeing it in action was one of my favourite things.

     So I watched as Rhynn's eyes took my body in greedily. A low growl rose in his throat, and it seemed to reverberate throughout the room, nearly vibrating the mirror. And yet, something about the attention my body held over Rhynn caused me to pause at the otherworldly glint in his eyes.

     "You know, one of these days you're going to have to tell me what your Shifted form-"

     Rhynn didn't let me finish that statement. His hands lifted to my chin, grasping me in a firm hold, and our lips met. He tasted mine like a wine connoisseur. Slowly, deliberately. As if he were trying to get to every underlying flavour, every note. That growl began again, but his hands remained their hold on my face, not straying anywhere. His body pressed me to the wall, and I lifted my hands to his chest, needing to feel him as much as possible. Rhynn was nothing if not strong. Thick, corded muscles quivered at my touch. I wanted more. I wanted everything.

     I gasped as Rhynn's lips lowered, tugging at my throat, and that gods-damned spot by my ear that all fae have. I let out a low moan, and Rhynn's lips curved in a grin by my ear. "Shh... Wouldn't want to have any unwelcome visitors in here, would you?"

     "But the others wouldn't-"

     "Oh, but they would," Rhynn murmured. "You don't know what power you hold, do you Ikaria? The hold you have over Shane and Steele? There's a reason they can't keep themselves from biting you, and it isn't because of your blood."

     "Then what-"

     But Rhynn simply captured my lips again while the idea of Shane and Steele walking in made my blood heat even more. I didn't think I was an exhibitionist. Not until now. To be fair, in the heat of the aftermath of being bitten by two powerful males, my mind wasn't to be trusted.

     But Rhynn was. That shot through me in a singular bolt of clarity. 

     His lips pulled away from mine, dark eyes glittering again dangerously as he pulled off his belt, an eyebrow quirking up in question.

     In answer, I let my bathrobe slip off of me completely, and backed into the shower. An open invitation.

     Neither of us spoke, but Rhynn finished undressing, and - oh gods. If his chest had been any indication of what lay below his belt, I was unprepared.

     Rhynn paused before sending me a lascivious grin. And then his hand reached out and shut off the lights, effectively immersing us in total darkness.

     A strangled gasp rose in my throat as two, faintly-glowing red orbs entered my periphery, joining me in the shower.

     "R-Rhynn?" I asked, my pulse climbing higher. I am a strong, independent fae. I have no reason to be scared of the dark. Or of him - whatever he is.