When they landed, the Doctor barely moved as he pulled a screen over to himself so that he could check something. EJ couldn't read it, but he did try. After giving up on that, the boy decided to occupy himself with the beams. He was spinning around, and touching them, trying to figure out what they were made of. It was stone-like, but clearly wasn't.

     Some time later, though not very long after, the doors opened, and though the Doctor didn't look back, it caught EJ's attention. A blonde girl, with all of the life in the world inside of her, and the biggest smile anyone had ever seen, waltzed in. She ran straight over to the Doctor, and began talking as if there had never been any sort of interval between them.

"Alright, so I lied. I went for a look." The Doctor said, without even looking to see who was beside him. He could just tell that it was this girl. She must have meant a lot to him. "The whole crash-landing's a fake. I thought so- just too perfect. I mean, hitting Big Ben, come on! So I thought, let's go and have a look at the pilot."

  "It's a pig!" EJ butted in, climbing in between two of the branches of the beams, like it was a tree.

  "Who's that?" The girl raised her eyes brows, offended by his presence.

  "EJ, Rose. Rose, EJ." The Doctor said as if introductions didn't matter at all.

  "Nice to meet you." The boy greeted, smiling her way, and dangling his legs. "Or not. I don't know you yet."

  "Uh, yeah." She agreed, absentmindedly. "Are you replacing me?"

  "What? No." It didn't even occur to him. "I met him at the hospital."

  "He's a doctor?"

     EJ couldn't tell whether or not he was offended by the tone of her voice. He hated hospitals, so being a doctor would have been a nightmare. However, it did mean that it made him sound stupid, which he wasn't.

     "No." The Doctor shook his head. "He broke in."

"I'm really good at picking locks." The boy in question added. "And for the record, I'm a tattoo artist."

Rose retaliated, ferociously. "You don't have many tattoos for a tattoo artist."

"You just can't see them." EJ stuck his tongue out, playfully. He wasn't sure how much he liked the girl as of right now, however, she did have a good energy, and he could feed off of it with ease. It didn't stop him having fun with it, though. "What crawled into your knickers last night? Jesus!"

  Ignoring the boy, Rose whispered to the Doctor. "My Mum's here."

     The door of the Tardis had closed fairly loudly, and two more people were stood there. EJ didn't know them, and of course, they didn't know him, so it was interesting to see so much of their private life lain out. The woman must have been Rose's mother because they looked very much alike, only, she was older. The man, however, looked starkly different with flawless black skin, and height on his side.

     "Oh, this is just what I need." The Doctor groaned, barely taking note of them. "Don't you dare make this place domestic!"

  "You ruined my life, Doctor." The man, who's identity was a mystery, sounded exasperated, and upset. "They thought she was dead. I was a murder suspect because of you."

  To no one but himself, EJ mumbled. "The plot thickens."

  "You see what I mean? Domestic!" The impossible man turned back to his control panel, if only to distract himself.

  "I bet you don't even remember my name!" There was a primal anger in his words that made the Thompson boy uncomfortable.

  Nonchalantly, the Doctor said. "Ricky."