ᴠ. 𝘯𝘰 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩

tw - sadness, suicide, killing, blood, violence

he's bit.

Fuck.

"EYES ON ME

"EYES ON ME. EYES on me." The older man said. Joel turned his eyes from the kid to the man, a slight glare. "You don't have to worry about what to say. We don't wanna hurt you. We wanna help you." Aitana looked at Joel, her eyes wide.

Joel looked from the girls to the man, "okay." He spoke lowly, his neck straining from the awkward position he held his head in, but did not let it drop. "Okay, uhm. I don't know what the next step is to something like this, but if I lower my gun, we didn't hurt you, so you don't hurt us." By his tone, you could easily tell he was a nervous wreck. "That's right." Joel nodded, the girls could tell he was being truthful but the man, however, could not.

"That's a weird fucking tone, man." The guy said, his voice slightly cracking. "That's just the way he sounds. He has an asshole voice." Ellie quickly defended, "Joel, tell him he's okay." Joel kept his eyes trained on the man, "everything's great." His tone stayed the same. "Por el amor de Dios." Aitana mumbled on her breath as she shut her eyes tight.

"Fuck!" The man behind the girls yelled before regaining his confidence, "okay. Listen, I'm gonna trust you." He decided. The smaller boy turned to face the older man. The man signed to him and in response, the boy signed back. He nodded, "but if either of you guys try anything. Yeah? Yeah?" He asked the girls, forcing his gun towards them. They quickly nodded and agreed. The man motioned for the younger boy to move, and he obliged. "Can I sit up?" Joel asked cautiously. "Yeah. Slow." He agreed. "Get up slow."

Joel slowly sat up, keeping his hands in the air. "Who are you?" He asked. The man hesitated before answering, "my name's Henry. That's my brother, Sam." Aitana's eyes went to the small boy who barely looked over ten. "I'm the most wanted man in Kansas City. Although right now," he slowly let his gun fall to his side, "my guess is you're running a close second."

Aitana slowly lowered her hands down, looking up at Henry before she covered her face with her hands, tucking over her body to where her head touched the floor making her look like she was praying, which, wasn't very far from the truth.