Chapter 7

Dedicated to Hot_Cocoa because she voted, commented and fanned! :) Thank you

Her hair was cut much shorter, almost to her shoulders, and like mine after I had it done, it was like it had gone through a massive amount of photoshopping. In a good way of course.

     It shone with a light honey color with darker streaks going through it. It rested at her shoulders and was almost spikey at the ends.

     “You look AMAZING!” I cried to her, probably catching the attention of everyone in the shop.

     She smiled shyly and lightly touched the ends. “You think so?”

     I nodded and turned to the hairdresser. “You are a saint.” I thanked her, and quickly paid.

     Cassie smiled. “Thank you so much Alyssa. You don’t know how much this means to me!”

     I laughed. “I’m just helping enhance your features.”

     She gave me a quick hug. “You are the best, Alyssa. I’ve never had a friend as awesome as you.”

     I grinned as we walked out of the shop. It felt good to be helping someone out, and I was pleased that Cassie seemed to be enjoying herself.

     I wondered how people would treat Cassie now that she was much prettier. I hoped she would get treated more nicely – they should have been nice to her before the makeover, but some people only cared about how others looked.

     “Where to next?” Cassie asked, interrupting my daydream.

     I considered it for a moment. Her complexion wasn’t really that bad, compared to mine, but her skin looked a little in need of a facemask or something to bring the color into it and make it look flawless. And of course, there were her nails and eyebrows which I needed to consider too. I quickly glanced down at her grimy pink flip flops that looked more grey than pink and inspected her toenails and legs. Definitely a pedicure, especially because she seemed to have more open toed shoes more than closed toed ones, and as I looked at her pale legs, I decided she would need a spray on tan and a good wax. I didn’t bother getting a spray on tan because my legs were already tanned, but if Cassie wanted to keep wearing things that revealed her legs, she’d need to comply to my rules. And then there were the eyebrows.

     “You may not agree to this…” I started tentatively. “But how would you like to get rid of some of that extra eyebrow?”

     “Um…” Cassie said, raising her hand to touch an eyebrow. “Will it hurt?”

     I shrugged. “Only for the first day.” I laughed when I saw the horror on her face. “I’m joking.” I said between giggles. “Just think of a band aid being ripped off. It hurts at the time, but pain is beauty.”

     She finally nodded. “Uh… okay.”

     I grinned happily and tugged her around the mall until we were standing in front of the spa I went to for my makeover.

     “It looks awfully scary in there...” Cassie trailed off, staring inside like it was a torture chamber.

     “And another thing,” I sighed. “don’t trail off with your sentences or say ‘um’ or ‘uh’. Got it?”

     Cassie barely nodded before I pulled her inside.

     I went up to the counter where one of the girls was. I didn’t recognise her from last week.