The Geek Diaries

Dedicated to CandyCane321 because she kindly commented and voted! :) If you vote, comment and fan, I may dedicate a chapter, so don't forget that! ;)

 Song of the chapter: Boyfriend by Ashlee Simpson. I was listening to this song and its so catchy and fun, I had to put it up ;D I love singing that song on singstar :3

CHAPTER 1: 

I came out of class with the shuffle of other high schoolers, immediately moving to the side of the hall so I wouldn't get as many looks. I heard whispers from people every time I passed them and the occasional person would yell out 'nerd' or 'freak'. I tried to block it out, pretending I hadn't heard them, but I had. Their favourite name for me seemed to be 'geek' which sadly was the one I hated the most. 

It had started in elementary school and had stuck all through it and now that we were in high school I had hoped that the names would wear off as my tormentors got more mature, but so much for that. It had stuck to me like unwanted gum on someone's shoe. 

I held my papers close to my flat chest in case anybody tried stealing them for a laugh and I kept my head down as I walked, blending in nicely with the wall. 

As I entered high school I found if I didn't want to get bullied, I just needed to avoid everyone and pretend I wasn't there. It worked pretty well and most of the time I was invisible to everyone apart from when I got picked on. In a way I didn't blame them - I fitted the geek bill quite well. Scrawny hair, huge glasses (major geek accessory), and yes, even braces. It probably didn't help that I wasn't the best at looking where I was going either. 

I readjusted my glasses which were taped together after my last run in with one of the cheerleaders and I tried to flatten my hair that was springing up from my messily done ponytail.  

Clutching my books in one hand and trying to fix my hair with the other, I probably looked like the perfect target for someone to pick on. I looked up as I finished doing my hair and noticed I was nearly at my next class. I congratulated myself in my head that I had survived our break without anybody being too annoying. But, I had typically thought too soon.  

I saw a black high-heeled boot stick out purposely in front of me and even though I tried to stop, I knew that I would trip. Almost like I was seeing in slow motion, I felt myself stumble and I was suddenly airborne, rapidly approaching the floor. My body came into contact with the ground and slammed against the hard floor.

"Geek girl, next time watch where you're going!" I heard a shrill high-pitched voice ring in my ears. 

Instantly, I knew who it was. Victoria Johnston. One of the richest girls at the school, she fitted the role of a stuck up snob perfectly. Definitely the most well-known girl in the school, Victoria was typically the head cheerleader and had heaps of wannabe friends who copied her every move. Everyone wanted to be like Victoria which I personally didn't understand. They all sucked up to her, getting excited if she even looked their way. But she was mean to everybody. Constantly picking on me or any target, I had no idea why people liked her so much.  

I winced in pain as I tried sitting up.  

"Sorry," I mumbled. I wished I could stand up to her more, but I was just a geek. What could I do? 

Grabbing my books and papers spread on the floor, I stumbled to my feet to see her looking at me with a disgusted look, her two "friends" copying her.  

"Next time you will be, geek." She hissed, then walked past me, pushing me out of her way. 

I looked at her retreating back. I knew, one day someone would stand up to her. I just wished it would happen now. When would this school stop being living hell?