"Khalil, you've never been this right. Meenah means everything to me. I love her so, so much, and In shaa Allah I'll fix things between us. My life has been upside down since we broke up, and I really need her back. But do you think she will forgive me?" I asked, genuine worry lacing my words.

"Forgive you for what?" he asked.

"For leaving her. For almost giving up on us," I sighed yet again.

"Come on, dude. Of course, she'll forgive you. She loves you a lot, so you still doubt that?" he responded, and I shook my head even though he couldn't see me.

"Khalil, I need you to do me a favor, please," I requested.

"What?"

"Find out which hospital she is, and when she's better, I have a job for you."

"How much are you gonna pay?" he asked jokingly.

"Any amount, as long as Meenah will be happy," I replied, with a smile on my face. What this woman does to me..

"Werey lover boy," He teased, while I rolled my eyes.

"When are you returning from France?" he inquired.

"As soon as we are done here. If I could, I would fly back to Nigeria right now, but then we still have a meeting with the sports minister, so I can't right now."

"Don't worry, finish off there, I'll take care of everything here," he assured.

"Please do, Khalil. I hope my queen gets better soon."

"You are a goner," he laughed.

"And I'm very proud of it," I declared, my pride in Meenah's love evident in my words.

"Anyhow sha. I should leave you to return back to training."

"Alright, safe."

"Safe bro." With that, we ended the call.

NIGERIA🇳🇬
Meenah's point of view..

"How are you feeling now?" Billy asked, concern etched on her face as she handed me a glass of water. I couldn't believe that I fell unconscious until I opened my eyes a while ago, finding myself in a hospital room with a drip placed on my hand and a monitoring machine tracking my heartbeat. The doctor assured me it was just dehydration, nothing serious. My family have been so worried until the doctor assured them that it was just dehydration, nothing serious, and now they stepped out, leaving me in the care of Billy.

"I'm good, Alhamdulillah," I responded, "So, when you spoke to Fareed, what did he say and what was his reaction?" I asked eagerly, as she took a seat beside me.

She smiled, shaking her head at my curiosity, and began, "Meenah, you won't be the end of me. Okay, so I called and explained to him that you've been admitted because you are dehydrated, and you are showing signs of depression," she shared the last part in a whisper, giving me a nervous glance.

I gasped lightly, my hand smacking her lap, "Depression, Billy? Really?"

"I wanted him to be so freaked out and worried," she confessed, and I couldn't help but laugh, face palming myself at her attempt to stir emotions.

"You are really crazy Billy, but then did he say if he was going to come see me?" I asked, hoping to hear that he would come see me.

"He didn't say so, but I'm sure he'll come of course, because if only you would hear how worried he was through the phone. I felt pity for even lying about it," she said with a pout.

I leaned back on the pillow, a smile playing on my face. I know he will come see me; I'm sure of it.

Suddenly, there was a soft knock at the door before a nurse walked in. "You have a visitor," she announced with a smile.

"Who is it?" I asked, returning the smile, and glanced at Billy. We both held excited looks. Was he here already?

But it was the one person I never expected to see anytime soon. She walked in with a smile on her face, and I blinked my eyes severally to be sure I wasn't hallucinating or something. It was really her—my mother, Zainab.

"Mama?" I called, my eyes widening in surprise.

"Ameena," she responded, a  smile radiating her face as she approached us by the bed. The nurse made her way out, and Billy greeted my mother before quickly excusing herself to give us privacy. I sat there, still trying to figure out if it was really her I was seeing after three whole years of being apart. "Why do you look surprised to see me?" she asked, taking a seat on the chair that Billy had occupied.

I didn't reply; instead, I abruptly leaned over and wrapped my arms around her, pulling her by surprise. She hugged me back, and in that silent exchange no words were needed. When we pulled apart, she placed a kiss on my forehead and cupped my cheeks in her hand.

"Mama, thank you so much for coming. I really needed you here at this time," I said, my emotions building up.

"Don't thank me for anything, my baby. It's my responsibility to be here with you at this tough time," she responded, and I nodded, the smile still plastered on my face. I was genuinely happy to see her after three years. She looked really happy and glowing; I'm very sure my stepdad must be looking after her so well.

"How's your fiancé?" she asked curiously, referring to Fareed. I knew she was curious to know our current state together.

I shrugged, "He's fine, I guess. He hasn't come to see me since I got admitted to the hospital," I admitted, a pout forming as I looked down at to my hand.

A light chuckle escaped her, "Meenah, you got admitted just a few hours ago. Where are you rushing to? I'm sure he'll come pay you a visit."

"I don't think he loves me anymore, Mama." I confessed, even though it hurt a lot.

"And who said so? Do you really think love disappears just like that?" she inquired, her eyes studying me as if observing my emotions. Tenderly she placed her hands on mine, and continued "Look, my darling, love is a journey, and within that journey, there is pain which lingers. But despite the wounds, forgiveness finds its way and heals you. Ameena, you've both built a unique love story with him; don't throw it away just like that; it's one of a kind."

"Mama, I've never loved any man as I have loved Fareed, but I'm human too and I get tired. But if by any chance, one day he forgives me and chooses to return, I hope it won't be too late for us."

She sighed, taking a paused, "I know I haven't been the best mother lately, but I promise that everything will change now; I'll make it up to you," she assured, with a small smile.

"How?" I asked, my brows furrowing with curiosity.

"Just watch," she said, a reassuring smile gracing her face.

💫💫

Who wants a double update?🤭🌚
I know I do!😌