4th stroke

Someone in a black coat was lifting him by the throat over the edge of the bridge. I instinctively knew who it was. He swung his fist right into his abdomen, and I felt my stomach churning. I wanted to stop him but... I was still too far away to assert any influence.

Dokja, you really have horrible luck... How did you get tangled with him?!

Typically, when someone transmigrates into their favourite novel, they'd be thrilled to see their protagonist. But not this story. Unsure of which round he's currently on, I'm only sure about the fact that he'll most likely eliminate any anomaly that he claims is dangerous. Currently, Dokja is that anomaly.

The man in the coat suddenly staggers as if he were zapped. Did Dokja do something? After exchanging a few more words, he lets go. I jumped at the sudden action and dashed forwards.

"Dokja!" I discarded my bag and dashed over to the edge, reaching out my hand. I managed to catch his wrist before he fell prey to one of the ichthyosaurs in the river.

Kim Dokja gazed at me with stunned eyes but quickly kept it together. "Hyung..."

"Sorry I'm late," I wryly smiled. "Hold on tight, I'll drag you up right now." I took a deep breath and held tight to the edge despite the sharp stone scraping my hand. I slowly lifted him up. I grabbed onto his other hand and tried using my feet as well to pull him back, but it seemed harder than I thought. It was almost like... he didn't want to be saved.

"Sol... Yeohan?" Another voice spoke behind me. Ah. I really didn't think this through, did I? In the first two rounds, he was a bit hostile to 'Sol Yeohan' solely because he liked doing things differently than him, and although that quickly gets resolved after the 46th scenario of the 2nd round (though there were still a few rounds where he had to kill him). Here come the suspicions; what if, out of all the rounds he could possibly be in, he's at the beginning of his second round? What if he kicks me off along with Dokja so that he could get rid of the two potentially dangerous figures that might obstruct his plans? As I heard the footsteps tapping, I stared at the person I was holding onto with trembling hands. 

"Come on-!" I pleaded under my breath. My strength gave out long ago, but he was still dangling in the air. Amidst the rushing thoughts, I noticed his moving mouth. He seemed to say something.

'I'll be fine. Let me go.' He mouthed. Even though he said this, I was scared to. The look in his eyes told me that he had a plan, but what if it fails?

"Sol Yeohan! Let that man go." Yoo Joonghyuk yanked my arms, causing me to lose my grip. He fell into the mouth of a monster, still smiling for my reassurance.

'I'll be back.'

"Kim Dokja!!" I leaned over the edge, staring at the ichthyosaurus that swallowed him, but Yoo Joonghyuk pulled me away.

"Stop it. He'll be dead soon. He won't be able to defeat a Rank 7 Ichynthsaurous now."

Due to my rushing emotions and his arrogant words, I slapped him in the face. "Don't touch me." I probably received more damage to my hand than he did to his face, but I didn't care. He stared at me blankly as I turned around. What could I do now except believe in Dokja? Yoo Joonghyuk was right. Dokja can't be able to defeat an Ichynthsaurous like that one now... That is, using normal means. 

After realising this, I forced myself to calm down, digging nails into my already scratched palms. There were a few ways to kill one. Dokja inevitably had the advantage of being in the stomach of the monster, if he didn't get torn by the harsh current while sliding down its throat.

Right now, I had to cross the Dongho bridge to be able to assist Dokja in the future, but it had already collapsed. I pondered my skill. I went to my bag, opened my art diary and started drawing.

[The constellations are wondering what you are doing.]

Hm? The constellations are here. They must have been the ones watching Yoo Joonghyuk. Ah, this is making me a bit self-conscious... No, shake it off, Sol Yeohan. I need to hurry, for Dokja and Gilyoung.