Chapter 34 Final Preparation

Start from the beginning

"Why are you helping that Indrath trash you traitor."

"Why? Because he is my best friend and I was never a part of the Vritra clan. I was born and raised here in Dicathen so I will protect it and its people."

"Well said Nico" I could hear a voice from behind me. Spinning around I could see a serpent? No a dragon but that wasn't right either.

"Are you wondering what I am? Well I am what is know as a Leviathan. An asuran race that was believed to have died out. And we all will kill you right here and now. Did you have your fun with him Arthur and Nico?"

"I am good what about you Nic?"

"I am also good, lets end her."

No one moved. I prepared myself to fight back but then a mana beam came towards me from an other side. 'Shit that little girl.' I dodged but was still hit by the beam. I couldn't evade as good as I wanted to, because I was badly hurt. No more arms and bloody all over. Then some chains wrapped around me and slammed me to the ground. Trying to stand up I realised that I couldn't do that since my legs were bound. Willing mana in them I wanted to get free but I couldn't protect myself at the same time. A black spike shot towards me and I who was unable to evade or protect myself got hit. The spike lunged itself inside my chest right through my heart. 'Is that my end? I just became a retainer and I already died. Huh why do I have so much misfortune. My Scythe will be reprimanded and my blood stripped of their position. All because I couldn't kill some kids.

Arthur Pov:

"So how did it go for you guys?"

"Perfect everyone thinks we are dead but maybe Tess thinks we survived since she knows we are not human." Nico answered me.

"That is true but I also think she will keep quiet because she knows that we are planning something" Cecil said.

"She does?"

"Yes or at lest I think so too. She asked us why you aren't participating in the raid and if there was something with you. We told her that she had to aske you but she already did and you did not answer her. She also thought that there was something off and she saw you so what else do you expect Arthur?"

"I don't know Nico. I just wanted to hide it from her since she is still a little girl."

"Says the one that is physical younger and engaged to her."

"Zip it Sylvie it is not fair if all of you are against me. We have to go now anyway before they arrive. But before that we have to take those with us." I kneeled down next to the dead retainer and cut of her horns. They did not hold as much mana as Uto's horns but still a lot. This will help some people t get through their wall that is holding off their potential.

"Why do we need them? We have enough in your storage roon. If I am right about enough to get everyone we know to white stage. And we also have a lot of beast cores to get them all to the silver stage."

"That is true Nico but I want the lances to get rid of their artifacts. They are useful but hold them back. And then they need such horns, plus the horns will only be available for high silvers and white core mages to get them into the white core or integration stage. No other will be using those."

"Eh why though?"

"You wouldn't have problems with that but they would. There is a lot of mana inside and Vritra mana as well so they could destroy their mana cores. So only people with a lot of control of mana are allowed to use them and also because if you use too much your core could become unstable. So better do it slow or slower then we could because it is safer. But when we are back I want gramps and Cynthia to be at the white core stage too. The twin horns must be at least initial silver and so do our parents while the DC and the rest have the same goal that I want them to achieve."