She looked away.

"You're disgusting."

"Is this your way of displaying cowardice and running to meet Gustavo?" He said, watching her glare back at him.

"If cowardice is what you call being safe and having a bit of sense, so be it." He tilted his head in amusement as she spoke. "I don't want to be here when Don Ferna comes."

He recalled when she told him about meeting the Spaniard. Her story matched with both of his brothers.

Don Ferna was frightening.

"Then leave, sister. Your absence would make no difference in rebuilding the family." He finally waved her away. "And as soon as you step out that door, you are no longer a Berlusconi."

Catalina narrowed her eyes on him, "And what good has that title done for me?" When he said nothing, she continued, "I'll be taking Giovanni with me."

Giannini's eyes widened as he found himself on his feet and her neck in his grasp.

"You can do whatever you want and fuck off but you will leave Gio out of your plans." He said darkly, his grip slowly tightening around her throat.

"Let me go, you bastard-" The back of his palm shut her up, sending her to the floor.

Only his siblings could insult him and actually live to tell the tale.

"We share the same predicament, sister."

He watched as she was heaving on the floor with her hand coaxing her throat. The disunity in his family upset him.

"At least I'm not torturing another man out of sheer pettiness." His eye twitched but he refrained from reaction and reached for a cigar.

He looked at Varo's battered body slowly moving on the screen as the door creaked open. It was another of his men.

"Pettiness? That same man you're defending tortured our brother."

"Because you killed one of their people!"

He would have also mentioned Eniola's house help but it was unnecessary.

"And for what? Because you needed money? Why can't you just ask or request a meeting like normal people?!" Catalina yelled.

"Who said I was normal?" He asked, not missing the disappointed look on her face.

"You're a lost cause, brother." She said and he waved her off.

"Get off the floor and go check on Giovanni." He said, blowing out a ring from the cigarette. "If anything happens I'll handle it."

He watched as Catalina got up and left then sighed.

"Every fucking time." Talking without resorting to violence was impossible when it came to the family.

Giannini sent his eyes back to the screen and his lips dipped into a frown. Number six was being rather rough with the lawyer.

He stared at the long bloody hair that was currently pulled at by number six and the bruised shoulder blades that were being strained.

He compared this view to a picture of Varo he had on the desk.

In the picture, Varo's dark shoulder length hair was held back by some dark shades as he tried to bury his face in a dark blue muffler. He wore a white coat with matching gloves and a cream coloured suit underneath. It was one of the few times Varo did not wear the colour black.

It suits him.

He could not see much of his face but there was a hint of smirk Varo held as he spoke to another fashionably dressed man. A part of his earring had a flare on the picture making it seem like he glowed.