Chapter 7: Purple (#CEC2EB)

Beginne am Anfang

"Wait, why don't I get coffee offered to me then?" Alex was jealous.

"Because you change your coffee preference every 2 weeks? You literally swing from Starbucks' Toffee Hazelnut Latte to hand-ground coffee beans within a blink of an eye. They don't sell your fancy blends or instant coffee packs in the convenience store." Jayden retorted. 

"Hey, Jayden covers for you everytime you go on dates." Det. Torres added. 

"Fair...fair..." Alex admitted defeat. 

"Yeah, Sir also helps clean up the messes you make all the time. Otherwise, imagine how tough my life would be doing the reports..." Sabrina added in. 

"Tapping out of this 3 vs 1 now." Alex realised he was in a disadvantaged position.

~

"Hi Nurse Rose, how was your day?" Jayden approached the lady as he entered the ER. 

"Good evening Det. Rivera! It was good, how about you?" Nurse Rose smiled. 

"Uneventful, thankfully." Jayden smiled back.

"Did Alex not make trouble for you today?" Nurse Rose wondered.

"Well, he was a little cheeky but there wasn't much happening in the station so he's safe. Any anecdotes from the ER?" Jayden chuckled, surprising Nurse Rose. 

"We had a 5 year-old glue his head to a toy firefighter helmet. Dr Tricia had to convince him with a candy treat before he let her take it off his head." Nurse Rose remembered how reluctant the boy was. 

"Sounds like a sight to behold. But Dr Tricia's great with children, isn't she?" Jayden commented. 

"Definitely. Dr Tricia's always the go-to whenever there's children." Nurse Rose agreed. 

"I hear my name?" Tricia had just finished attending to a patient.

"Det. Rivera and I were just talking about our little fireman earlier on." Nurse Rose explained. 

"Our ice prince actually initiated a conversation with me...what a pleasant surprise." Nurse Rose whispered to Tricia, not knowing that she was the brain behind it. 

"He did? That's nice..." Tricia chuckled, giving Jayden a thumbs up at his effort to chat with Nurse Rose. 

"Anyways, what brings you here today?" Nurse Rose realised that she never got to ask.

"Uh...that...I..." Jayden looked at Tricia. 

"Det. Rivera and I are having dinner together." Tricia answered for Jayden.

"Really? Enjoy your dinner then, see you tomorrow." Nurse Rose was stumped but broke into a smile when she put the pieces together. 

"Goodbye, Nurse Rose." Jayden gave the lady a shy nod.

"Take care of my Dr Tricia, Detective!" Nurse Rose called out. 

"I'll make sure he does!" Tricia played along. 

"You did that one purpose, didn't you?" Jayden protested as he opened the car door for Tricia. 

"Did what?" Tricia teased. 

"You left Lola out of the equation. You, Lola and I are having dinner together." Jayden buckled his seatbelt before driving off. 

"So how did Mission: Have lunch with colleagues go?" Tricia changed the topic. 

"Ok...? At least I hope?" Jayden pursed his lips. 

"That's good. Here, I got you something." Tricia fished something out of her backpack and handed it to Jayden.