Part Twenty-six

Part 26

SANG:

Wil. That's his name. I met him by the locker room that day after school, with Rocky and Jade—and her brother Jay. He had been quiet, except to spout some technical jargon. But he had been apologetic, not quite one of them. He would help me, wouldn't he?

Wil's eyes meet mine for a split second and he winces before turning to Roman—his freakin' Master. "They're at the mall, sir, but they're not doing anything. They're just talking."

Roman nods in acknowledgement but then speaks to me. "Let's speed this up, then. The park. You intrigued me. I bit you, drank your blood. Bond started. Sure, we moved a little fast—first date and all. But what can I say? I tend to be a little selfish and greedy. Character flaws, you know."

I can't focus. I keep peeking back at Wil, who looks anywhere but at me. He shuffles from foot to foot, clearly uncomfortable.

"I don't like that you're not looking at me when I talk to you, kitten." Roman's voice is right by my ear, and I startle, then whimper when his fangs sink into my neck just below my earlobe—an especially sensitive spot.

I don't have much more blood to give—I'm woozy as it is, and the pheromones aren't helping my mental and emotional state. Thankfully, Roman doesn't drink for long. My strength is pretty much gone, and I sag forward into his chest. My face is tucked below the Master's chin, facing toward Wil, and I just stare at him as he grips onto the tablet I hadn't noticed him holding before.

"Do you get it yet, my little pet? How we break the bond?" Roman strokes my hair, really selling the pet thing.

"It's not possible," I mumble.

"You weren't bonded when I met you. And fed from you."

"Yes I was! I had Owen's blood."

Roman's voice is soft, as if to calm me, "Yes, you did. But he hadn't completed the bond. You only had his blood—it wasn't fully developed."

My heart is beating fast. It was starting to make sense. "So, what? I'm bonded to both of you?" The thought sends me into a panic and I dig my fingers into his shoulders as he grips me to his chest.

Roman chuckles. "The kitten has claws. Maybe you're more lioness than housecat."

"Sir," Wil's voice is tentative from the corner of the room, where he stands, shoulders sunken forward.

"What?" Roman snaps, his grip tightening around my waist, causing me to give a sharp intake of breath.

"They aren't moving in. They must suspect a trap."

Roman ignores him and instead focuses back on me. "No, you're not bonded to both of us—don't be silly, that's impossible."

"But you said—"

"No, I didn't. Pay attention!" He snaps. "You started a bond with both of us. You drank from Owen, and then I drank from you. But here's the fun little loophole—are you ready?"

He shoves me away from his chest and holds me up so I have to look him in his eyes again. I shut my eyes to help stave off the rush of dizziness I feel from the sudden movement, the blood loss making me ever weaker. He shakes me until I open my eyes, frowning at him.

"Like I said before, your body is confused. You had Owen's blood, then I had yours. Do you get it now?"

When I shake my head he grins and his eyes sparkle, looking way too much like Owen's. "Who shares Owen's blood?"

I'm so lost. Shares Owen's blood? I do, because of the bond. Duh. No one else would have Owen's blood—except for family. Holy crap. Holy crap, holy crap, holy crap!

Roman's smile widens. "I see from your expression that you get it. Isn't this wonderful? We're so close to the end now, pet. One more step and you're mine forever."

"One more step?" I feel my eyes start to well with tears.

He gently wipes underneath my eyes, and the look on his face is the softest I've ever seen. Then he ruins it by baring his fangs, his eyes turning scarlet. His tongue smooths over the length of his engorged canines. "I showed you mine. Now it's your turn."

____________________________

Okay! Many of you guessed it—it's Wil! Good job! Not much help though, the turd.

Eeeeep! What will happen next! Stay tuned ;)