Red and Pink

Cole's POV:

I rush to the kitchen immediately. Kai never made announcements. This must be serious, right? Something important. He said it was important. When I walk into the kitchen, everyone was already there, and If they weren't, then they were walking in right behind me. Wu and Misako were out, so it was just me, Nya, Kai, Jay, Zane, and Pixel. Then there was an extra. Skylar was here. Why? Was Chen back? She was sitting right beside Kai, and his cheeks were a tint of red. Suddenly I feel something tighten in my lungs. What was it?

"Ok great! Everyone's here." Kai gets up and looks to all of us, who were all filled with worry. He looked nervous, not like we were in trouble.

"Kai, what's wrong?" Zane seemed to be the most anxious. He was never used to things being different, and Kai calling an announcement was very different.

"Yeah, what's going on?" Jay look first to Kai, then to Nya hoping she would know what's going on. She looked just as clueless. Kai sighs, letting out a small laugh.

"Hey, don't worry. It's good news." Everyone gets less tense, but the small sigh that leaves Nya's mouth showed that this wouldn't be all good. She finally knew what is was, and soon the rest of us would too. "Now, as some of you probably know, I've liked Skylar for a long while." Once again my chest gets tight, more painful this time. Kai breathes in. "Well, me and her are now dating." Jay hangs his mouth open in suprise, Pixel claps, Zane sighs in relief, and Skylar goes to hug Kai. Nya looked to me quickly.

"Cole...?" She whispered so the rest wouldn't hear, but I tryed my best not to notice her either. It was getting hard to breathe. Why?

"You good dude?" Kai comes over and puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Y-yeah. Just suprised you even managed to get a girlfriend." I laugh trying to hide the pain I felt I my chest.

"Wow!" He roles his eyes and goes back to Skylar, who kissed him on the cheek. A small sigh leaves my mouth.

"Jealous~" Jay whispered to me. I glare at him, giving him the hint he needs to back off or else he's gonna get thrown across the room. He steps back, giggling.

"I am not..."He muttered. Being here annoyed me now.

"Jeez Kai! We thought something bad happened!" Zane began to scold Kai, making everyone laugh a bit. He was always so scary when he was mad. Almost like a mother.

"Ok mister ice guy. Leave him alone now." Skykar laughed and took Kai by the hand, leaving his cheeks a slight red. "Me and Kai are going to go out now. See you guys later." She waves to all of us and drags Kai to the door.

"See you guys later tonight!" Kai gets pulled out of the door, leaving all of us to give our honest opinion to the rest.

"I feel bad for Skylar." Pixel giggles and goes to do some dishes. "Kai was be a handful."

"Indeed." Zane goes and sits on one of the chairs. Guess mother mode was over.

"Sucks for Cole-" Jay gets cut off my Nya elbowing him in the ribs. "Ow!"

"Jay!" Nya glared at Jay for a bit, then looked to me with sad eyes. "So, how do you feel about this?" It was so hard to breathe.

"Good! I'm happy he's happy. Um, I have to go though. Sorry." I head our of the kitchen. "Oh! And Jay, stop pretending I like Kai. I don't." I glare at him for a second as he rolled his eyes, and then I rushed off to my room. Neither Zane nor Pixel knew I liked him. No one did bur Jay and Nya. I told Nya, hoping she'd help me. Jay just walked in at the wrong time, as usual. That's the only reason he knows now. I close the door roughly behind me and rushes to the bathroom that connected to my room. It felt like I would throw up if I coughed. Quickly, I go to the toilet and cough my lungs out. When I open my eyes to see if I had thrown up, all I could see was the pink of blood covered cherry blossom peddles.