"Then stop freaking out and calm down. Just find Matt and explain. You know, tell him how you feel, your history with Damon. Caroline, if he really likes you he'll understand why you freaked out" Chloe said.

"You're right" Caroline nodded. "Come with me to find him?"

"Yeah, come on," Chloe said, as they walked through the party. They found him talking with Tyler.

"Hey! There you are" Caroline smiled.

"Here I am" Matt sighed.

Tyler and Chloe stood there awkwardly before looking at each other.

"We're gonna-"

"Do you want another beer?"

"I'd love one," Chloe said as they quickly rushed off. They walked over to the cooler where the beers were and Chloe thanked him as he handed her one.

"Cold?" he asked.

"Only a little," she said.

"C'mere," he said, leading her over to the fire and they sat on a log that was perched in front of it. "Having fun?"

"I am. Despite dealing with Caroline drama, this is nice" she said, looping her arm through his. "Thank you."

"For what?" he asked.

Chloe shrugged as she looked at him. "I don't know. I just know I hate fighting with you. I mean, things have just been really good between us the past few weeks. It feels like things are right in the world again."

"Yeah, it does, doesn't it?" he said, looking down at her.

"And" she whispered as she leaned closer to him. "I am very drunk."

Tyler laughed as he kissed her, tasting the beer on her lips. "I can tell," he said.

"You have really pretty eyes," she said.

"You have really pretty everything," he said.

Chloe smiled, setting down her beer as she held his face, rubbing a thumb over his cheek.

"They have these flecks of gold in them. It's new" she said.

"New? I didn't know you paid attention to my eyes" he said.

"Of course I do. I only had a crush on you for like ever before you asked me out" she said.

"You did?"

Chloe nodded as she laughed. "Caroline only teased me about it like all the time."

"Chloe!"

They both turned to see Elena rushing toward them. "Elena! Hey! Where've you been? You're only missing like the whole party" Chloe said.

But Elena didn't say anything, her face solemn as she tried to silently tell Chloe something bad had happened.

"What's wrong?" Chloe asked and Elena shook her head.

Chloe turned to Tyler. "I'll be right back," she said before she stood up and led Elena to another corner of the party.

"What's going on?" she asked.

"We got the tomb open," Elena said.

"The tomb? You mean like the Katherine tomb?" Chloe asked.

"Yeah. I mean there were other vampires there but-"

"Wait there's other vampires in the tomb?" Chloe asked.

"Yeah. All of the ones we thought burned in the church. None of them got out. But Katherine...she wasn't there" Elena said.