Chapter- 29 Court

🦈🫐

Like all bad dreams, the solace of morning dawned on the young family. The rest of the week had flashed in a suspiciously wonderful blink. Kirishima and Ahri took Eitarou to and from pre-k together. She'd see her boys off to school and work with sweet kisses, and the young family would burn dinner together every night as they created charred laughter-filled memories.

For one blissful moment, the haunting run-in with Daisho seemed like it would fade away into history. However, it seemed his terrorizing hadn't disappeared; it just changed shape.

There was a loud knock at the front door.

Eitarou was on the couch eating his strawberries and watching his superhero show, but at hearing the thunderous knock he turned around searching for Kirishima. Sure enough, his red hero of a dad came jogging down the stairs seconds later. He had a towel thrown over his dripping red hair and only a pair of low-slung grey pants.

Eitarou grunted at his dad and pointed at the door.

"Sorry bud, I was in the shower," he chuckled brightly, and he made sure to ruffle his spikey black hair as he passed.

Eitarou was about to turn into a puddle of happiness at the affectionate gesture, but another formal loud rap of someone's knuckles on the front door jarred his enjoyment.

Kirishima cocked a single red brow as he opened his front door. Standing beneath a large black umbrella were two men in suites.

"Eijiro Kirishima?" the shorter of the two men asked in a stuffy voice.

"Yes?"

"We need to speak with Miss Amajiki."

At hearing his last name, Eitarou leaned over the backside of the couch to try and see who was talking about him. Despite the rainy darkened evening light streaming in through the gray clouds, Kirishima could still see the taller man's eyes shift to something behind the massive red hero. The only people behind Kirishima's wide shoulders were his family, and no way was he letting someone he doesn't know near either of his Amajikis without getting through him first.

He placed his hand on the other side of the doorframe so that his bare, muscular, tan scar-riddled arm blocked the man's vision from Eitarou.

Quick as a snake, the man's attention turned right back to Kirishima's unsmiling face. "Sir, is there a problem?"

"I'm not sure," Kirishima stated carefully.

"Pardon?"

"You show up to our home asking for my girlfriend, but you make attempt to introduce yourselves nor do you tell me why you're here. Both of those sound like problems to me."

"Forgive us," the shorter portly man said in a flat insincere voice, "my name is Ai Takahashi. This is my partner Daito Suzuki. We are here on matters of business, so if you would please step aside so that we may talk with Miss Amajiki."

Kirishima didn't move a single muscle. He simply glared down at both men. Kirishima had never used his size to intimidate many people since he was typically such a jovial man who enjoyed getting along with everyone (even Monoma), but when it came to protecting his loved ones he had no problem using every one of his god-given gifts to let it be known that there wasn't a chance in hell either scrawny male was getting past him to reach his girl or son.

When it was damn clear the guardian of both Amajikis wasn't budging, Takahashi gulped nervously and pulled a manilla folder from beneath his trench coat. "Give this to Miss Amajiki as soon as possible. I suggest finding a lawyer today or tomorrow since this case is on the fast track for court."