Students at Lake City No. 1 High School were allowed to have phones, as long as they didn't use them during class.

Ji Yuning didn't have a phone, nor had she ever thought of buying one.

She had no one she needed or wanted to contact. 

In this world, she only had herself.

A piece of paper was stuffed between the phone box and the bag, and after seeing it, Ji Yuning's thick eyelashes trembled.

After taking two deep breaths, she extended her finger and picked up the note.

Curious, she wanted to read what Fang Bai had written this time.

The note was still blue, but unlike the last one, the words on the paper were written densely:

"A small gift, do you like it?"

I have installed the SIM card for you, and both my number and Sister Wu's number are saved in the contacts.

If there is anything happening at school, you can call me... or call Sister Wu.

You should know how to make a phone call, right? If not, it's okay; you're so smart, you'll figure it out.

Additionally, I've helped you register for WeChat and added myself as a friend (just so you know, you're not allowed to block or delete me).

P.S. I only bought the phone for our convenience in communication; you shouldn't get addicted to the internet; studying is the priority.

That's the end of the message.

Before, there were only eight words on the blue note, and Ji Yuning was caught off guard and didn't read it carefully.

The elegant handwriting on the paper was surprisingly pleasing to the eye.

It surprised her that someone as vicious as Fang Bai could have such good handwriting.

Ji Yuning pondered over the last sentence for a few seconds, and her lips slightly curled up, but it was unclear what she was thinking.

The sound of the door opening interrupted Ji Yuning's thoughts.

The two people who were still talking inside walked out.

Ji Yuning lowered her head, put the paper, canned food, and candy into her bag, and finally pushed the paper bag deep into the storage cabinet, as if she had never seen it before.

Finally, the small golden lock snapped shut on the storage cabinet.

Aunt Fang: [Do you know how to use it now?]

"This was the third time I had stared at this message."

"I sent it out an hour ago, and the recipient's profile picture was still the default one after registering for WeChat."

"It was already 10:30, and everyone in school except those studying should have been asleep."

With a knowing smile, Fang Bai threw her phone to the side and flipped over, wrapped in her blanket.

The dim light of the bedside lamp shone on Fang Bai's face as she closed her eyes, her expression not showing any resentment from not getting a reply from Ji Yuning.

"It was within my expectations that Ji Yuning wouldn't know how to use what I gave her. Maybe she wouldn't even be able to open the bag."

The reason why Fang Bai clicked on Ji Yuning's chat box three times was just because she had an unexpected hope in her heart.

With her hope dashed, Fang Bai fell asleep soon after.

For four consecutive days, Fang Bai still hadn't received a reply from Ji Yuning, but she did receive several calls from the original owner's friends every day.

The original owner didn't have a job and spent their days getting drunk and partying with so-called friends, often going out sober and coming back drunk.

Fang Bai wasn't interested in these friends of the original owner, and after politely refusing had no effect, Fang Bai added the persistent callers to her block list.

Looking at her now quiet phone, Fang Bai realized that her main priority was not to play but to get in touch with Ji Yuning.

Just then, an unidentified number appeared on the screen.

Thinking it was one of the original owner's friends, Fang Bai was about to hang up but suddenly felt that the number was familiar.

She slid her finger over the answer key.

A familiar voice sounded: 

"Hello, this is Teacher He Wei, Ji Yuning's homeroom teacher. Miss Fang, do you remember me?"

Fang Bai sat up slowly on the soft cushion and said calmly, "Of course I remember you. Hello, what can I do for you?"

He Wei cleared her throat, "Well, our school is holding a celebration today and invited the top 20 parents of the grade to come watch the performance, but I didn't see you. I just wanted to call and ask if you were too busy with work to come.

As soon as Fang Bai heard the words school celebration, she knew what Teacher He was talking about.

She had known about the celebration when she came and had even planned to watch Ji Yuning's performance, but had forgotten about it in the past few days.

Fang Bai apologized, "I'm sorry Teacher He, I forgot."

"That's okay," He Wei said. "So can you come, Miss Fang? I think the students will be more engaged and in a better mood if their parents are in the audience."

He Wei had one more thing to say: "All of the top 20 student's parents had come except for Ji Yuning's."

Looking at the person sitting in the chair in the distance, who was looking down and couldn't see her expression clearly, He Wei asked, "Is it possible, Miss Fang?"

Fang Bai stood up and said politely, "Which number performance is Xiao Ning in?"

He Wei thought for a moment and said, "I think she's the seventh one. The performance hasn't started yet, so you should be able to make it."

Fang Bai replied with an "Okay" and said, "Thank you, Teacher He. I'll be there right away."