Glass Box

AN: Warning: this chapter will contain some heavy topics and some violent scenes, mentions of rape but it is not in detail. Be safe.

    Imagine being locked in a glass box. You can see everything, hear everything but nothing can hear or see you. That was Merlin locked inside his own mind. He could see his own hands casting spells and laying waste to innocent people. The last village they went to Nimeuh ordered him to cut off every mans left arm, it happened in an instant. The screams and cries were horrible, they replayed in Merlins head at all hours of the day. She had made him do similar acts to other villages. All Merlin could do was watch and listen to the destruction he had caused.

    Nimeuh didn't really talk to him, well not the real him. She sometimes flirted with him, and he had been instructed to flirt back. He would smile and laugh at her teasing. Nimeuh liked to hold his hand, kiss him, and as of last night she ordered him to sleep with her. When she ordered him Merlin did as he was instructed and replied with a grin, "I'd love too".

    On the third morning since leaving the castle Nimeuh said,

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Anything for you love"

"No not you, I want to talk to Merlin."

Suddenly the glass box opened just a crack, and the real Merlin could finally speak.

"You're a monster! How could you hurt all those people! They never did anything!! You never even spoke to them, we just showed up and tortured them! If I ever get free from you I can promise you I will avenge them"

"Shut up!"

"You will speak when spoken too. Now answer me honestly, have you heard of a group called the Dragon Slayers"

Merlin had not expected this question.

"I do"

"Tell me now."

"They attacked us. We captured a low ranking member and he told us that you were the one to bring me back to life. That you instructed them that I was not to be killed, and they you needed me alive for a spell"

    Nimeuh started circling Merlin, smiling and talking sweetly.

"Yes, and now that you have so sweetly ruined my spell. I have had to make other arrangements... Do you know why we keep returning to this cute little house that you first brought me to. Why we have never moved around or changed locations??

"I uh don't know"

"This place you have brought me too is truly beautiful. Only a few hours away from your home town. Merlin I hope you know that I'm not stupid. I know that this place must have some kind of sentimental meaning for you. I also know that someone will know to look for us here. I also know that Arthur and the rest of your friends are on their way here right now... I will ask you again, did you ever ask yourself why?"

    She paused to look at Merlin. There was a tear running down his face but he said nothing.

"As much as it hurts me to see you like this my love. They will be here soon and I need you to go back into your box"

    Just as quickly as the crack had opened, it was slammed shut and Merlin was back to his watching and listening.

"Now my love you meet me in the valley of the fallen kings with the rest of the Dragon Slayers, I have some business to discuss. Once you have done exactly as I have instructed with your friends, you may join me. And Merlin do not get followed."

"Of course, my love" Merlin's mouth said as the real Merlin was trying to punch his way out of his prison in his mind.