Comfort

"The food was really good, Sal." Travia smiled sincerely as he wiped off his mouth with a napkin. He sat his empty plate on the coffee table, then looked back to Sal.

"Thanks; I worked really hard on them." Sal finished his own food, wiping his mouth then snapping the bottom clasps of his prosthetic back together. "It's a shame Larry couldn't stay and finish his food."  Sal huffed, and Travis smiled at him.

"Yeah," He looked down at the floor, picking at his fingers as his thoughts clouded his mind.

He just couldn't stop thinking about the conversation he had with Larry. He hadn't told Sal about it, and he didn't plan to; but that meant he couldn't talk anouth ow he felt. Travis didn't understand why Larry would had ever cared about his stupid family issues. He was horrible, and Larry forgave all of that because he had a bad father? At least, that's what Larry knew of it. He didn't understand why he cared.

"Hey, Travis? You okay over there?"

Travis snapped out of his thoughts, looking to Sal a few seconds later. "Huh? Oh, yeah, sorry." Travis smiled at him, but he didn't seem to trust his response all too much. Sal sat in silence for a moment, as if studying Travis

"You do know I'm always here for you?" He placed a hand on Travis' shoulder, "You don't have to share anything, but just know I am here to listen if you do." His mask shifted up as he smiled. His voice sounded like he wanted to say more, but didn't.

Travis just sat in silence, not knowing exactly what to say to him. He appreciated the support he truly did, but he wasn't sure how to talk to Sal without spilling everything.

His mind began wandering further into itself, and his thoughts became jumbled and intertwined into a mess. Travis didn't even know if Sal liked guys; even if he did, Travis founf no reason he'd like him. If anything, Travis was sure he liked Ashley. They were always together, at least at school. She was pretty, kind, no one ever said anything bad about her; why wouldn't Sal like her?

Sal let out a small sigh as Travis sat quietly, consumed by his thoughts. He stood up from the couch slowly, grabbing their plates and taking them to the kitchen to clean them.

Travis still stared at the flood, mind running as he felt this heavy wight in using his chest. The water pouring from the faucet served as background noise as he tried to rationalize anything in his head. Travis knew Sal would listen to him. He knew he be supportive and kind, but he just couldn't work up the courage to tell him, to say everything out loud.

Travis glanced over at Sal as he washed the dishes, he was humming a quiet tune. He seemed to calm, like he wasn't worried about anything. Travis envied that, maybe he was just better at hiding it, but Travis chose to think otherwise. He couldn't help but smile seeing him. Just seeing him okay, happy, it made Travia happy.

He stood up from the couch, slowly walking over to Sal until he stood just a couple feet behind him. Somehow, he didn't see or hear him; maybe he was just too focused. He turned the sink off and began drying his hands.

Travis just wished he could tell him how much he meant.

He wrapped his arms around Sal, resting his head on his shoulder. He could feel Sal jump slightly but didn't try to move. He didn't mean to be creepy, buf he could smell his hair, and it smelled like cherries. It was nice.

"Uhm, Travis?" Sal turned his head slightly as he stood kidney of awkwardly. "Is everything alright?" Sal smiled, and Travis nodded.

"Just," He paused, "Let me stay here for a second." Travis tightened his grip ever so slightly, careful not to hurt Sal. "Please."