Fear

"I'm just saying that this project is stupid." Larry threw his hands out, trying to make his point go through Sal's head. He had been complaining about horses because of a slightly too long assignment they had to do.

"You're so weird." Sal muttered and Larry only chuckled in response.

After Sal unlocked his door, they walked to his couch, dropping their bag and taking off their shoes on the way. They had left early to do the storms. The power went out a couple time and the teachers couldn't move on with lessons. Sal was pretty happy with getting out of school; while Larry sat down, Sal kept standing and began to stretch.

"You good dude?" Larry glanced over as he sprawled across the couch and propped his feet up.

"Yeah back hurts; don't know why, though." Sal mumbled just loud enough to hear as he loosened up his muscles. He enjoyed stretching quite a lot; it made it feel better.

"Maybe it's because you're so short that gravity works harder on you. Ya know, because you're closer to the ground." Sal glared at Larry who had a shit-eating grin on his face.

"Fuck you." Sal walked back over to the couch, knocking Larry's feet off and sat down.

He gasped melodramatically, "How could you say such a thing?" He frowned and Sal ignored his antics. A silence fell overcame them and they just relaxed.

The two hadn't had the chance to hang out alone fore quite a while, so this was nice. They both appreciated it; even if they both liked being dumb, sometimes they like being calm and collected. Or lazy.

"I'm sorta happy that it's storming today; now we're hanging out and appreciating the cool rain noises." Sal leaned back onto the cushions and his masked shifted up as he smiled. He glanced over to Larry before unbuckling his mask and sitting it down in the sofa arm.

Larry was one of the few people he every took his mask off infront of. It only made sense, Sal thought; Larry was his best friend, his brother. He was mostly always positive, friendly, understanding, chill. Sal admired him for that.

"I was so lonely before you came here." Larry spoke up, drawing Sals eyes to him. "Days like this, I would sit alone, in my room, and just paint and paint. I still remember that feeling; being lonely. I'm... I'm glad you're here, Sal."

Sal looked over to Larry and he had such a sincere smile, but he didn't dwell on the moment as he turned on the Tv. Sal hesitated for a moment but decided to move on too. As Larry watched some weird reality-Tv show, Sal pulled out his phone. When he opened it, it was still on his chats from Travis. Sal glanced over to Larry, even though he knew he couldn't see his screen, and got off the app. He opened a random game on his phone to kill time and mid mind began to wander. He wondered what Travis was doing then. He hoped that he was all warm and cozy in his home during the storm. Sal thought that he should message him back soon, but worried about Larry seeing.

Sal sighed softly and leaned further back on the couch, staring at his phone intently. He didn't want to work himself up over this; he had been stressed enough with everything going on. This whole Travis situation was actually getting to him; his actions were having consequences, believe it or not... One being: if you indulge in your weird bully turned maybe friend crush, you will crush harder. It's simple.

Sal's mind wandered back to what happened at the playground the the other day. When his and Travis were only inches apart, even through his mask, he could feel Travis hot breath against him. Sal felt himself smile...

A crack of thunder snapped Sal out of it. He slowly stood up and walked over to the window, staring intently at the rain pattering against the the glass pane.