Chapter 1

A/N: A little heads up, dear reader; the whole soulmate concept and traits will differ a little from Lovely and my other soulmate stories.

Also, because my OC will already be woven into the lives of various characters, certain events will already be different than in the show, as mentioned in the description it deviates from the timeline.

We dive right into the action on this one unlike some of my other stories. So hold onto your horses. It might be a bit of a fast-paced beginning with not a lot of background info, but all will be revealed :).

Enjoy,

Trigger warning (some slight harassment)

"Emma, she must be worried. I promised to tuck her in last night." Maggie mumbles, rubbing her temples, pacing the room with bare feet.

Her head still hurt after being knocked out cold, and her hunger didn't contribute to her sour mood. The vampires that have been keeping them hostage hadn't been as kind as to give them any food or water.

She had been pacing the room for the past few minutes, trying to process the information Elena had bestowed upon her. Despite her current predicament, she could only worry for her daughter.

This was the longest time she had been away from her child since she could remember, and it made her miserable.

Maggie wouldn't say she was overly attached to her daughter, no more than other parents are to their children, but to think that she had exposed her child to creatures such as vampires without her knowledge made her anxiety levels rise. Perhaps ignorance was bliss after all.

"I'm sure Jenna looks after her." Elena concedes, trying to calm the woman.

Maggie shakes her head, still in disbelief that Elena had been exposed to all sorts of dangers without her or Jenna's knowledge. "How can you be so calm? We're kidnapped by vampires, and you are a... doppelgänger. And they-" She abruptly shuts her mouth when the male vampire reenters the room.

"No need to stop your gossiping on my behalf." Trevor's eyes linger on Elena for a moment before he shifts his gaze to the other woman. "Rose said I can't touch you, doppelicious, but she said nothing of your friend."

Maggie's gaze flies up to meet Trevor's and takes a tentative step back. Rose had knocked Elena unconscious without any effort or scruple, she couldn't imagine this vampire being any kinder.

Trevor grins, eyes hungrily tracking the human. He always did enjoy playing with his food. "You can not outrun me, little human."

"I can try." Maggie mumbles, still stepping back. She didn't dare to turn her back on the vampire. She had not yet seen any fangs or other vampire traits that were often used in media, and she would like to keep it that way.

Trevor narrows his eyes before flashing forward.

Maggie clenches her eyes shut as her back makes contact with the wall. With closed eyes, she could feel Trevor pressing against her, caging her in and making an escape impossible.

"No!" Elena shouts, fingers clasping Trevor's arm, trying to pry him away from Maggie.

Trevor lets out an annoyed snarl before shoving the doppelgänger to the floor. It was incredibly rude in his opinion to disturb someone during their dinner. He turns back to the trembling human he had trapped, smirking triumphantly.

The human looks on in horror as Trevor's face transforms, his pupils dilated, dark veins webbed under his eyes, twitching restlessly. Her eyes drop to the man's mouth, where sharp fangs elongated.