"I–" Enid sighed. "It's a long story." Then she shoved the rest of her belongings into her bag and hurried out of the room. She followed Wednesday out to the courtyard, and the other girl had already gotten her lunch. She had a bag in the seat beside her, indicating she was saving it, but she didn't look at Enid when she walked in. The werewolf hurried to pick up a plate of food, before making her way slowly towards her girlfriend. When she neared, Wednesday moved the bag to the ground beside her, still not making eye contact.

"Enid," she said as the blonde girl sat down. Her lips were pressed into a thin line, and she seemingly hadn't touched her food.

"Hey."

"Why?"

Enid huffed. "Because you won't let me touch you! In private you'll hold my hand or play with my hair or kiss the daylights out of me, but in public you hardly so much as glance in my direction, and that hurts, Nes."

Something flickered in Wednesday's eyes, something that almost resembled remorse. "Enid, I have an image to upkeep. You know that."

"Wednesday, you're sixteen!"

"That doesn't matter! I won't turn into my parents."

"We don't need to kiss! We just need to...hold hands or acknowledge my presence."

"I acknowledged your presence all class!"

"That's not what I- Ugh!" Enid's cup snapped and orange juice spilled all over the table. Wednesday stood up, leaving her food as she rushed away.

Enid was quick to abandon the mess, running after her girlfriend.

"Wednesday?" No one answered her call and she sighed. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to push you into something you didn't want." Nothing. "Wednesday..."

"I don't wish to speak to you at the moment."

Enid followed the sound, finding Wednesday pressed against a wall near the statue. "Sorry."

"I'm not mad at you, I just have noticed I was being rude."

Enid sat down next to her, thighs brushing. "I was also being rude. Even in privet, you don't like touching sometimes."

"It hurts."

Wednesday was holding back a smile, as this game she was playing was working much too well. She slipped her hand into Enid's. "We should go eat," the blond mumbled.

"I need to go do something," she responded. "I bet that was expensive," Wednesday whispered, referring to the dress. "It would be a shame if I don't get to see it tonight," then she stood up and walked away.

Enid's mouth fell open. "Hold on–" she said, but Wednesday was already out of earshot.

—--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enid sat on her bed, hands wrapped tightly together until her knuckles had turned white. She was definitely not comfortable with wearing that, and what had started with a prank must have caused Wednesday to think she wanted to go that way in their relationship.

"I'm stupid," she mumbled to herself, collapsing sideways. Her girlfriend would be back in a few minutes and she had freaked so much that she had pulled their beds onto different sides of the room again after they had finally reached the snuggling part of their romance.

The doorknob moved. It was going to be like it had been with Ajax all over again. She would be mad. Enid felt her shoulder start to shake. The door creaked open and Wednesday slipped in, her clothes wet and some dirt on her face.

"Hey," she said as she peeled off the wet sweater. Wednesday looked back in confusion when Enid didn't answer. "What's wrong?"

"I don't feel comfortable with that, I'm sorry," she whispered, curling into herself more.

Wednesday looked confused for a moment before she let out a loud laugh. "Enid, I was joking for goodness sake, I don't want to either...maybe think about this on how I think about PDA..."

Enid sat up, letting her hands unclench. "This is how you feel about PDA?"

Wednesday pulled off her shirt and replaced it, moving onto her pants in silence. When she finished, she moved over to sit beside Enid. "It makes me feel vulnerable. And... you know how I feel about Vulnerability."

Enid nodded, not meeting her girlfriend's eyes. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you feel that way. I guess we just have... different ways of viewing PDA."

Wednesday sighed, and took Enid's hand. "Just... don't think this means I don't like being affectionate. When it's you, I do. I really do. I just can't do it in public yet. Maybe someday, but not yet."

"I understand."

"Thank you."

The two girls laid back on Enid's bed, staring up at the ceiling in silence. Slowly, Wednesday's fingers trailed up and down Enid's arm. Goosebumps followed in their wake, and the blonde girl almost shivered. She turned on her side so she could face her girlfriend. Wednesday stayed on her back, but her chestnut eyes latched onto Enid.

The werewolf leaned forward, pressing a kiss to her shoulder. Then she slowly worked her way up her collarbone, her neck, her jaw, until her lips finally came to rest upon those of the brunette girl. Enid was practically on top of her, and they shifted in unison so they were facing each other. Wednesday took Enid's face in her hands and Enid raked her hands through Wednesday's hair, working the signature twin braids out of it.

Wednesday's hands snaked around Enid's body, so that one was on the back of her neck, twirling hair around its fingers, and the other rested on the curve of her waist, fingertips finding their way under the blonde girl's brightly coloured sweater.

Their teeth clashed as the kiss became more hungry and desperate. A low moan escaped Enid's mouth, and Wednesday's lip curled with the satisfaction that she was the one eliciting those sounds from her girlfriend.

Enid never wanted to stop, she wanted to live in this moment forever, but as all good moments do, it had to end sometime. So she took one more long, slow, sweet kiss, then lay back on the bed, her head resting on Wednesday's chest. She could hear her heartbeat, feel every breath she took, and in that moment she had never felt more content, and she had never felt more connected with Wednesday Addams. It was little snippets of time like these that she could almost feel as if the two of them were one being, one mind that fit seamlessly together. With their bodies tangled together, they heartbeats in sync, Enid knew that she couldn't be happy any other way.