The Mango... and The Plum

Start from the beginning

I receive it from him and closely observe the picture. It was of him, with a happy gold stick waving a twig around his shoulders. My dad, for once, looked so young.

 "He was my first crowning glory." He says, his eyes still pinned to the stars.

 "..... What happened to him...?" I carefully ask.

Silence.

 "I... lost him." 

 "To who?"

 "Minecraft."

Silence again. 

I.. at that time.. I didn't know he had a son of his own blood beforehand. And I didn't know that the game minecraft would be his agony for life. I felt a wave of sincere sorriness, coming deep down from my heart, which once previously held hatred towards my dad years ago.

 "I'm sorry..." was all I could think of to say.

Until I spotted an abandoned, rotten corner alongside all the other markets at the street.

 'Maybe...'

 "Let's go home." he said.

 "Okay." I follow him, determined to pop a visit tomorrow.

(The next day)

 "Purple!! You're late for school!!" his voice echoed from down the stairs.

I murmur, "Err.... Coming, dad."

I brush my teeth, wash my face, and eat the bowl of oatmeal from my dad. The dreamy weekend is over, and it's annoying Monday. 

I tie my shoelace and sling my backpack across my shoulder. I then run because I was late. I'm not usually punctual, but still.

Only this time, I didn't run to school. No way I'm ever setting foot in that jailhouse again. Instead, I run to Stickmen Avenue, 5th market street, to the left, the last corner.

It was 5 A.M., not a single soul was there. 

M.I.N.E.C.R.A.F.T. It said, although the sign was a bit rusty.  

 'Minecraft... THE minecraft from 4 years ago. No one ever plays this now. My dad's son, Gold... There's a chance that he's still alive in there. And if I find him.. Maybe it will fill in the emptiness in his heart... We could all live happily ever after... For now, he seems to miss him very much...'

The green grass block with jumbly letters, with a glass entrance gate, greeted the trespasser.

I go over to the broken levers and pull it. But, I guess my physical strength was not abundant. I try pushing it with my back from the other side. 

The stupid lever finally moved, with me falling over because I lost my balance. 

The glass gate opened, with gravitational aura trying to suck me in. The end was dark. It was exactly a ripoff of the black hole from science class.

Anyway, I went in. 

The door slammed tightly shut behind me. I gulped, but proceeded forward.

(4:03, P.M.)

//MT's POV//

I was reading the daily prophet, until my phone buzzed.

'Now who might that be?' 

I answer the phone, "Hello?"

 "Hello, Mr. Mango. This is Purple's school teacher. We want to report that your son is missing, and we need you to come right now."