Chapter 3 ❧ H ❧

𝗡𝗼𝘄 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴:
"(Lust For Life-Harry Styles, Molly)"
01:23 ━━━━●───── 03:43
ㅤ ㅤ◁ㅤ ❚❚ ㅤ▷ ㅤㅤ
---˖⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹❀♡❀˖⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹---

。゚゚・。・゚゚。
"Climb up the H of the Hollywood sign."
 ゚・。・゚

★🎧♡

When Harry had stepped aside to let Molly make her way through the threshold, she thanked him before taking the room in. The window was from the ceiling to the floor, and to the right, a bedroom was in view, with a sliding-glass door. To the left was a small kitchen and in front of them sat a living room with a TV that sat on the wall.

"Wow..Harry, you didn't have to get the most expensive room," Molly's voice was quiet but he had heard her. Little did either of them know; he'd always hear her. Even when she won't want him to.

Placing his hand on her lower back to guide her into the living room, he gestured with his other hand for her to sit on the big, L-shaped couch. She sat and placed her hands on her lap, twirling her rings around. She felt nervous, she didn't know what was in store. Did she want to join the band? Of course she knew she wanted to be on stage, it's something that's always been in her interest.

"Well...I figured you could take the bed and I'd sleep on the couch, rather it be a comfortable one."

She didn't say anything, she just looked at him, searching his face. When he finally sat down next to her, he held out a journal with music notes and lyrics above it. He sat close to her, so close that their knees could touch if either of them moved.

Clearing his throat, he flipped the pages to the journal until he got to the last one. His handwriting wasn't messy like she assumed it would be, in fact, it was the most delicate handwriting she had ever seen. She admired the way he swirled his 's' and the way he slanted every capital letter.

"I only have some written down, um, but I think if we try it out and come up with a tune, I'll play it on the guitar. Maybe it'll sound good."

"I never said I was in, Harry."

He finally brought his head up to look at her, "I think you want to say yes, you want in. So, therefore, you're in."

She scuffed quietly with a roll of her eyes before saying, "That's not how this works, H. I think you should ask me before just telling me what I'm going to be doing, do you know how mean that-"

He held his up before she could continue, he quickly leaned forward to grab the pen that sat on the glass table in front of them. She wasn't sure what he was up to before he started to scribble the top line of lyrics out on the page before writing down, "Climb up the H."

"What are you doing?" she asked him, and before he responded, he looked up at her while tapping the pen against the paper.

"You just called me H."

He said it more as a question, his voice wavered but she knew he meant it as a statement.

"Yeah...and?"

He smirked before looking back down at the new set of lyrics. He didn't tell her this, but he needed more. He needed something to inspire him, something that rhymed and something that had meaning. He needed a full sentence before continuing on with the rest of the song. When he looked at her, she felt small and wrapped her arms around herself. He thought maybe she was just cold, but she felt nervous under his stare. She couldn't tell what he was thinking when he looked at her that way; little did she know, he was thinking about how he got here. How did he end up in this hotel with a beautiful woman? How did they meet? In LA, at an old, underground bar. HOLLYWOOD LIQUOR was embedded in his brain whenever he looked at her, because the first time he ever laid eyes on her, that blue, neon sign above the bar—glowed down onto her skin when she poured all of the boys a shot. He knew she was about to speak when her lips parted, but he quickly turned his head back to the journal.