Chapter 10: Date or Fate?

Começar do início

The way her eyes glisten with joy as the sun light shines perfectly over her body, reminds me of the way my father looks at my mother. Disgustingly beautiful.

"I have no idea what you said at the end but it sounded beautiful!" Our eyes locking, conversing back and forth with no words, merely looks. With every look, expression, and glisten, I know what she speaks. That's how I know I love her. We don't need words to describe our love for one another. All we need is us. "You know, I never thought I'd be calling the Wednesday Addams my girlfriend. Firstly, I didn't know I was gay when we met, and secondly, I always thought you were wayyyy out of my league. Like look at you, you're beautiful, smarter than fucking Albert Einstein, talented in so many categories, and always authentically...you."

I don't understand. How could she think I'm out of her league? Truthfully I am quite more complex with all of my ins and outs, but Enid has something I don't. Emotion. I've always felt like being so emotionless got in the way of me being able to be sociable or making potions as strong as they could be. Granted, I've never really been a sociable person, but when it came down to solving mysteries and gathering supplies, emotions would come in handy. As for potion making, anyone can make a potion out of the ingredients, but to make it more powerful emotion is key. A small part of me even has always wished I cared a little more...

"I am out of everyone's league Enid, and everyone is out of mine. You're special though. You created your own 'league' and reluctantly pulled me into it. In other words, you reshaped my view of who's in my league and you are the only one who fits it."

Even with all of the research I've done on crushes and love, I still don't understand how my love for emend became a thing. Perhaps this is the one mystery I will never solve.

"Awww Wens!!! That was so sweet!"

"No it wasn't. I don't do 'sweet'. Now let's go, we are going to be late."
______
At the museum:

This place is stupendous. Everything a homicidal teenager could ever want.

My eyes go big at all the medieval torture devices. I've dreamed of seeing these in person for years.

"Someone's excited I see!" Giggles fill the air.

"I'm not 'excited' I am fascinated."

She shrugs her shoulders and walks over to the first exhibit. I follow behind her immediately. With my vision from yesterday, I've been more on edge. The figure could be anywhere at anytime.

We arrive at the first exhibit. Judas Cradle. One of the more tame torture devices for its time.

"I'm so glad I live in the 21st century! I surly would have been killed if I was born when this thing was around."

At least she is self aware.

"You most certainly would not have made it. I would have just killed whoever tried to even lay a finger on me."

She smiles at my words. The most random things always makes her smile at me. Enid puzzles me more than I like to admit. A lot more than I like to admit.
____

The time was now 2:34. Enid and I had made it 3/4ths of the way through the museum. I've enjoyed this time with her a lot. She always knows how to ease my racing thoughts and get me to enjoy my time outside of school and research.

Everything was going perfectly. Nothing I've ever experienced with Enid has gone this smoothly before.

The hairs on the back of my neck stand straight up. Someone's here. 

"I will be right back. I'm going to the restroom, stay here."

"Okay! Stay safe!"

My feet quickly carry me away. If I'm correct this person is hiding by the bathrooms.

That's when the realization hits me. It's the masked figure.

I need to handle this by myself. Enid doesn't need to get anymore hurt or get in my way.

Quickly I move to the bathroom in hopes the figure will follow. My hopes are filled when I'm face to face with the solid black mask that was more like a motorcycle helmet.

"I don't want to fight you Wednesday. All you have to do is simply stay away from Enid." The voice is muffled and robotic sounding. Voice changer. Smart.

"I won't be doing that. So are we going to get this fight over with? Or are you going to stand there like you don't even know you're own name." My words come out quick and harsh.

Staying away from Enid would not only kill me, but it would kill her to. I am not just going to stop being around the person I love all because some low class imbecile wants me too.

"You really think this is the place to hold a fight? Are you stupid?" The voice says in a mocking tone.

"You were the one to challenge me here. Sounds like you are the stupid one."

I quickly throw a ninja star at them making them dodge to the right. They take out their knives and start heading for me. Swiftly I spin around them sweeping them off of their feet. I go to stab them in the chest when they slice my arm causing me to stumble back slightly.

That's it. Enough child's play. I flip on all of the sinks which gains a confused stance by the figure. Quickly my feet carry me in front of them as they go in for a punch. They did not account for the spacing of their legs. I slide through grabbing their free hand in the process, pinning it against their back.

"You bitch!" They scream out in pain.

"I'm the bitch? Is this what you do when you aren't winning? Revert to calling your enemy stupid names that are supposed to come off as an insult? Pathetic."

I push them into the sink, forcing their head under the water. My taser is going to come quite useful. I grab the taser and stab it right into the side of their neck causing their whole body to start convulsing.

Grabbing my silver blade from its place on my left leg, I place it on the figures neck and start tasing once more. Just as I was about to reveal this mystery person, a security guard walks in. Quickly I run into a stall to make it seem like nothing is going on.

"You okay there ma'am?" The guard asks.

"I'll be fine. But I do think I lost my keys somewhere can you help me find them?"

"Of course. We'll check the lost and found first. Oh and your hair is gorgeous by the way!"

Hair? They must have taken the mask off. I quickly open the stall door to try and get a glimpse of the figure but all I managed to see was the end of her hair. It was greyish and wavy maybe curly. I wasn't able to see all that well.

My eyes wonder down to the cut on my arm. I can't let Enid see this. She will flip out and start to scold me about going alone and not asking for help.

Thankfully I know how to make a bandage out of toilet paper and paper towels.

I quickly bandage my arm and walk back out to see Enid standing in the same place taking pictures of herself. She's so innocent and obviously sometimes.

"Alright. I'm ready to go if you are."

"Okay! You seem a little paler than usual. Are you okay?" She asks concerned.

"I'm fine Enid. It's just a little to warm in here for me is all."

Narrow eyes look into mine. She's not buying my lie one bit. Damnit.

"Alright, if you say so..."

My mind begins to think the past events over. Was this whole date a set up by the figure? Is Amara the figure? It would be easier to tell if that was true if I had ever seen the woman before.

"Enid. Do you have a picture of the woman that got us the tickets? My mother wants to see if she's the same person she is thinking of."

"Of course I do!" She pulls out her phone a scrolls to a picture of the woman," There she is!"

Grayish wavy hair. It's her. This whole thing was a set up.

Why would she want to keep me away from Enid?