Chapter 11: Addams Code

Enid's POV:

My date with Wens was absolutely amazing! Minus all the torture devices giving me nightmares- BUT everything else was stupendous!! I've never had so much fun looking at medieval torture devices in my life! Come to think of it I just don't think I've ever actually looked at torture devices so...

The only thing is Wednesday has been acting a little weird ever since the museum. (Well more weird than her normal weirdness that is.) She's been like distancing herself away from me. Not her typical distancing though, like she refuses to make eye contact with me, she's always sneaking off to god knows where without even saying goodbye or telling me where she's going, and she hasn't let me touch her at all which I guess isn't like really weird but usually she lets me at least brush my shoulder up against hers.

Does she not want to be my girlfriend anymore...?

"Hey Wens! Ready for English?! We gotta turn in our scripts to Ms. Myers today."

No response.

What the hell Wednesday?!

"Earth to Wednesday! Are you just going to keep ignoring me until I wither away and die?"

"Enid. Non voglio ignorarti, ma con il segreto che giace sul mio braccio non mi sta dando altra scelta. Mi dispiace mio caro sole, ma questo è l'unico modo per proteggerti." (I wish to not ignore you, but with the secret that lays upon my arm is giving me no other choice. I'm sorry my dear moon, but this is the only way to protect you.)

Why is she all of a sudden using her like five hundred other languages on me? It's frustrating to not know what she's saying. Although when the words she speaks come out of her mouth in whatever language this is, makes me want to squeal in enjoyment.

"Wednesday you know I can only speak English and Romanian! That's not fair to use a language I can't understand!" I say in frustration.

"We are going to be late." My eyes watch as she heads for the door. I grab her by the arm before she makes it through the door.

I scan her eyes for any information as to why she's acting so odd, but all I see is that damn wall of hers. One of these days I'm going to take a sledge hammer to that wall, but only when Wednesday is comfortable enough with me doing so.

"Wednesday. I'm starting to get the impression that you saying you wanted to be my girlfriend was a lie...If you don't want to be my girl-"

"Don't say another word. I am yours, Enid. Never question that." Her voice fills the air with seriousness.

As if I wasn't already confused by Wednesdays antics, she's making it even more confusing. Then again she is an Addams and if I've learned anything about them is they can be confusing.

"Wednesday I wouldn't be questioning it if you weren't acting as if we are just friends...if that. You refuse to let me touch you even our little shoulder brushes, you're distancing yourself from any of my flirting, god only knows where you keep mysteriously going, and now you've started to ignore me. So what the hell is going on Wednesday...?"

Wednesdays POV:

I need to come up with an excuse. Informing Enid of the figure will only cause me more trouble and frustration.

Perhaps I have been more than involved with this case that I've neglected the fact that Enid's feelings have been getting crushed. That was never my intention. I never wanted to hurt Il mio sole. (My sun.)

"My mind hadn't realized I was doing such things. As for where I've been going, if you want to know I've been going to the nightshade library."

She looks at me suspiciously. I keep my best poker face on to ensure she doesn't see through my lie. Us Addams's are well known for having the best poker faces in the world. With how well I know Enid, she will never see through my lie.