Chapter One | I Beat My Boyfriend in Swordfighting |

I WOKE UP BRIGHT AND EARLY IN the morning next to Percy...my boyfriend, I guess. Yeah...don't ask me why though, I'm still questioning my life choices. Have been since age thirteen, when I won the Hunger Games. He's done a good job though, keeping me in check.

    I also have to keep him in check too, though. We're confusing, but clash well, and no one really gives a shit about whether or not we're okay. Don't worry, I was used to it. Yeah, this is normally when Percy steps in and keeps me from being a petty bitch.

    I just hate people in general, and I'm sure you can relate. Too many people can relate to my liking. Goddamnit, when will he wake up so I can stop. Haha, dam. Yeah, I was there. I didn't like Percy then. I thought he was a freak and an idiot. He is, but I learned there was more to that...still looking for it though. Oh hey! Percy was stirring.

    "You staring at me, sunshine?" Percy muttered, turning towards me, a slight grin on his face.

    "Fishboy, I'm not even looking at you."

    "Why're you awake? And by the way your eyes were burning into my soul."

    "Because I wake up with the sun. And I was not staring at you." I said, kissing his forehead, and he grabbed my waist, forcing me to snuggle with him.

    "You were too, and if the sky is still even the slightest bit dark, it's too early for me." He mumbled, and I pushed him back so I could look him in the eye. Or eyelids more like.

    "It's too early for you at 2:00 pm."

    "That's because it's still dark in China. Wake me up when both China and America are light out."

    "Well that's one hell of a protest."

    "Some people do sit ins, I do sleep ins. Stick it to the man," Percy said, resting his head on my lap, trying to fall back asleep, but I toyed with his hair and looked up at me with sleepy eyes. "Sunshine, you're pulling my hair. You only do that if you're desperate for someone to talk to."

    I instantly got on the defense, "I don't do that."

    "You do though."

    "Well, if I have to..." He stifled a chuckle and I hit him with a pillow.

    "Ow, this is my cabin, I can kick you out."

    "And you are my boyfriend, and I can kick you out. Of my life."

    He groaned, "Remind me, why do I care about that?"

    "Because you care about me."

    "Right...why though?"

    "I don't know." I subconsciously tugged on his hair and he grunted.

    "Oh right, you want a conversation. What's up, sunshine?" He said, and I flopped back on his bed.

    "It's bloody Catpiss Neverclean and her Pita Bread boy. They're apparently," I put on a high pitched voice, mocking the Capital accent, or more specifically my stylist Coco, "'So hot, they're cold.' And guess what? Tonight, they're showing her wedding dresses because the bitch can't pick her own. I don't why, I just find her overwhelmingly annoying."

    "Uh-huh, Uh-huh, and how does that make you feel?" I looked up and saw him with a notebook labeled, 'ALTHEA'S PROBLEMS'.

    "Gimme that," I said, snatching it from him. In it, there was written several times in a messy scrawl, 'Write so she thinks I'm listening.'

    "Percy," I said, scrutinizingly. "You're amazing."

    "What? I thought you were gonna bite off my head."