it takes a little hurt. (irondad, depressed Peter)

Start from the beginning

So tired.

He leaned over the edge. He could feel the gooeyness of the blood against the inside of his suit. He realized that this suit didn't allow blood to deep through, and wondered how much had puddled on the inside.

He couldn't even cry.
So he sat with his head in his hands, breathing shakily, his legs dangling over the edge of the building.

He was so out of it that he didn't even realize a rather loud suit of iron landing behind him and opening up to reveal a man.

"Peter?" Mr. Stark called wearily.

Something was off with the boy.
He'd just seen him the other day, so why was his demeanor so different.

"Kid, can you come away from the edge?" Tony requested, getting a bad feeling about what he was doing up here.

But Peter moved away from the edge at his request and took a couple steps towards the man.

"What's wrong?" Peter asked, curious as to why Mr. Stark was there in the first place. As far as he was supposed to be aware, Peter was out on patrol as normal.

"I should be asking you that. What're you doing up on a roof like this?" Tony asked, concerned, trying to figure out where this major injury he'd been alerted of was.

"I'm spiderman. It's what I do. I swing around and chill on rooves sometimes." Peter said casually, simultaneously feeling his body get weaker and weaker and his vision spin more and more.

"Where are you hurt at?" Tony asked.

Peter took a step back, "I'm not injured." He said, trying to mask the way his leg nearly gave out underneath him.

He wasn't feeling very well anymore.

"Karen alerted me through FRIDAY that you have a major injury somewhere. It was horrifically undetailed and I can't figure out why." Tony said, calmly, "is there something you aren't telling me?"
He was good at showing not how concerned he felt.

"No! There's nothing. Karen must've glitched or something!" He exclaimed, really beginning to feel dizzy. He stumbled again.

Tony ran forward and cought him. Peter leaned limply into him, resting his mask into the man's chest tiredly.

"Pete, what's wrong?" Tony asked, rubbing his back, "where do you hurt?"

Peter didn't answer, just let out a hiccup before he was sobbing. Tony hugged him right and helped him pull off his mask.

He looked terrible.

"what's going on, bud?" Tony asked, supporting most of his weight at this point.

"Tony, I need help." He cried, "I'm so- I'm so tired."

Tony carefully lowered him to the ground and the say across from eachother, Peter trying to control his hiccups.

"Physically or emotionally?" He asked seriously, but still softly.

Peter just nodded and buried his head in his hands, tensing in pain as he did.

"Hey, you can talk to me, okay? I know sometimes I get mad and I go off the hook, but not with this kinda stuff, okay?" Tony consoled, "is there something you wanna say?"

Peter didn't want to say anything so he shook his head, feeling all the more wobbly after. He was beginning to think the blood loss wasn't going to stop.

"Peter,"

Not the full name.

"Peter, is there something you need to tell me?" He tried instead.

"Mr. Stark I-" Peter paused, he knew he needed help but he didn't want it. He was scared. "I'm just- I don't know why it makes me feel better. I'm so stressed about school and about spiderman. It all just- it all feels like so much and I just- I can't seem to do anything right lately and it just all- hurts so much." He was sobbing at this point.

"What makes you feel better?" The man asked, trying to keep the dread and fear out of his voice. He knew the answer, but he had to hear it. He didn't want to believe it.

"Hurting myself." Peter finally admitted.

Tony paled as Peter let out another cry.

"I'm so dizzy. I think i- it hasn't been a big deal because of my healing but it's not stopping." He cried.

"Pete, I need you to show me. I know you don't want to but I need to see how bad it is." Tony said, carefully moving to be sitting next to Peter.

"I don't wanna show you." He wailed, "please I don't want you to see."

"I have to. I know it's hard, I won't be mad I promise. I just want to help you." Tony comforted, swinging an arm around to rub the boy's back, and then help him take off the top half of his suit.

The suit physically peeled away from the boy's arms. It was bloody everywhere. It was up and down his forearms, dripping onto his hands, and the cuts themselves were so deep.

It was sickening to look at.

Peter was sobbing, staring in the opposite direction of Tony as he examined the damage.

"Pete.. look at me." Tony said, trying not to get teary eyed himself, sniffling a little as the boy looked over.

Peter looked over.

"We're gonna get you help, okay? We're gonna figure out what's going on in here," Tony said, tapping his own head, "and we're gonna help you feel better. Alright?"

"I just wanted it- I just want it to feel better. Nothing else ever leaves a scar because it heals so fast but- it's like there's nothing even to show for how much it all hurts." He sobbed.

"Well bud.. I think this is gonna leave a scar." Tony said softly, "it might be scary, but we're gonna help you feel better. Promise."

"I'm sorry." Peter whispered, guilty, upset, tired.

Tony pulled him into a hug, "it's okay."

"I promise it's okay."