004

Zayvier sang along to One night only by sonder as he drove towards his parents house

Zayvier sang along to One night only by sonder as he drove towards his parents house. "This is the seventh time this morning Zayvier, are you not bored" Temi said through the receiving end of the phone.

"I've been told you this is all I listen to. You thought I was joking" he stated nonchalantly, after his  appointment with Temi  last night he called her as soon as he got home, she didn't pick up but she did call back this morning and they had been on call ever since.

Today was the day of Soraya's party it didn't start for another 3 hours but he wanted to give her her presents before everyone came and his mum asked him to help set up.

"What you doing today?" He questioned, Zayvier kept finding himself asking Temi more and more questions which was quite out of character for the man of few words.

"Well after I finish work I'm going out with Veah, her auntie and nephew then I'm going back to Essex for a few days so I've got to pack and that's my day"she explained. Their interactions were weird to Temi. She liked that Zayvier listened to her and he wasn't to self involved, she felt comfortable. Not jittery or nervous like how she was around most people, but relaxed."you coming back to London tonight"she asked.

"Nope. I'm gonna stay till Sunday night I've already packed so I'm practically ready to go."he shrugged

"You are very organised mr sir, I'm a day before type of gal if I'm lucky" She joked causing Zayvier to smirk, he found it funny how Temi's accent fluctuated between East London and Essex but she was so well spoken and articulate it just threw him off sometimes.

"If I haven't packed at least a week before I'll bug out" he admitted seriously as he pulled up into his parents driveway.

There was clattering as Temi moved around in her office followed by a loud crash.  "You good?" Zayvier worried.

"Umm yeah I'm fine. I just fell and broke one of the shelves" she struggled as she got up off the floor.

"You need to get a ladder mate and you need to be more careful " he lectured, after those few hours he spent with Temi yesterday he noticed she was very clumsy, she would literally trip over air.

Zayvier look up to see Soraya running down the drive towards his car. She yanked open the door and jumper into the passenger seat.

"Good morning good morning it's a real niggas birthday" she sang doing her little dance in the seat."You not gonna say happy birthday" she sassed side eying him.

"Ray did I not call you at 12 to tell you happy birthday" he sassed back.

"Do you know how long ago that was, I'm getting older by the hour time is of the essence" she joked "why didn't you say you were on the phone?" She whispered as she heard shuffling coming out the speakers but only getting a shrug from her older brother.

"Who is it?" She questioned curiously.

"A friend" he said shortly.

"Zay be so for real you have like three friends not including your teammates and I'm one of them"Soraya scoffed earning a giggle from Temi.